Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 15 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Success(-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, did you get a broadcom wifi card for your Razer? Which one did you get? Thanks!

Awesome, I did some reading on getting this to work, and it almost seems like it's not worth it. You can get some basic functionality working, but gestures will not (because the synapse drivers have not been kept up to date).

I'm also moving over to whatevergreen, and my main issue now is the brightness control and being able to connect another display (using iGPU) to HDMI, that doesn't work at all at the moment. Were you able to get your HDMI working?

I assumed that gestures wouldn't work; they didn't on the older blade. Were you able to get basic functionality?

I did get HDMI working, however only through the Nvidia GPU. I think that having the Intel UHD control an external display isn't possible due to how it's hooked up internally.

Also, did you get a broadcom wifi card for your Razer? Which one did you get? Thanks!

I used the DW-1560. It works really well under macOS and only requires FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi kexts

I was following the other razer blade threads about the trackpad, and it was very hit and miss. I might spend some time looking into what it would take to get it working and also what it would take to get gestures up and running. The trackpad does support these features.

Did you order the DW-1560 from Amazon? It seems like it's a really long delivery time on those.

Awesome, I did some reading on getting this to work, and it almost seems like it's not worth it. You can get some basic functionality working, but gestures will not (because the synapse drivers have not been kept up to date).

I'm also moving over to whatevergreen, and my main issue now is the brightness control and being able to connect another display (using iGPU) to HDMI, that doesn't work at all at the moment. Were you able to get your HDMI working?

What would really need this website is a real proper guide for the Razer Blade series. Because most tutorial's teacher always thinks everybody understand deep computer scripts etc...
It would be good to have a real detailed installation guide, with each step in details and what to do exactly so that anybody can understand and do the steps that will work.

I had managed to go into os x, but once multibeast installation, then what driver to install and what exact kext etc..
this would avoid all of us loosing so much time rebooting all over again.

What would really need this website is a real proper guide for the Razer Blade series. Because most tutorial's teacher always thinks everybody understand deep computer scripts etc...
It would be good to have a real detailed installation guide, with each step in details and what to do exactly so that anybody can understand and do the steps that will work.

I had managed to go into os x, but once multibeast installation, then what driver to install and what exact kext etc..
this would avoid all of us loosing so much time rebooting all over again.

The Razer Blade 15 is a relatively new device, and there aren't a lot of people hackintoshing it. Because of this I think we're among the first / only people that are attempting this.

I'm working on display brightness. I've tried the SetIntelMaxBacklight / SetIntelBacklight and a multitude of IntelMaxValue configurations (with and w/o AppleBacklight injector). Nothing seems to enable controlling brightness.

Also, wake up from sleep never works. I'll keep digging.

Good news!

I've managed to get the touchpad working using the VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID kexts and by changing a few things in the DSDT:
First, make sure _STA in GPI0 device only returns 0x0F
Then, make sure _CRS in every TPD0 instance only returns
Code:
ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI)

For convenience I've created this DSDT patch (paste in MaciASL patch window):

Code:
into method label _STA parent_label GPI0 replace_content begin

Return (0x0F)

end;

into_all method label _CRS parent_label TPD0 replace_content begin

ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFI)

end;

Also, the info.plist of the VoodooI2C needs to be edited so that it will load with the I2C controller. Under IOKitPersonalities > VoodooI2CPCIController > IONameMatch add a field with a string value of pci8086,a368 (Could probably be done with a clover kext patch / will probably be fixed in a later version of VoodooI2C)

P.S. scroll and some gestures seem to work as well, which is a nice bonus!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    255.2 KB · Views: 153
  • VoodooI2C.kext.zip
    98.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I've managed to get battery status working as well. The battery patch for razer blade 2014 needs to be applied as well as this patch:

Code:
into device label H_EC code_regex BIF0,\s+16, replace_matched begin IF00,8,IF01,8, end;

into method label _BIF code_regex \(\^\^EC0.BIF0, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2(\^\^EC0.IF00,\^\^EC0.IF01), end;

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    255.6 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back