- Dec 7, 2011
- Razer Blade 15 - Clover
- UHD 630/GTX 1060 - 1920x1080
- Mobile Phone
So… I guess that’s the moment I’m about to expose how much of a total newb I am ^^
What I’ve done here (after countless tests) :
- A fresh install of High Sierra 17G2208 with Rehabman’s Clover fork on a 100% formatted SSD. No Windows EFI or anything on it.
- Barely no config.plist editing as most features seems to work
- I’ve extracted / de-assemble original DSDT/SSDT, patched them as described in this thread: trackpad still doesn’t work, but battery does.. so I guess I must do something (partially) right, no ?
- Minimum kext files in EFI/Clover and L/E: most recent Rehabman’s builds and vettz500’s trackpad related ones. I’ve tried the un-edited ones before, also booted with and without AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext (in S/L/E), as mentioned in other RBS thread.
Once again, I’ve tried everything to make it work (including what’s explained on voodooI2C’s doc/tutorial), without any success.
What works :
- Correct screen resolution, native brightness control / keyboard mapping from the get-go: yay !
- Wifi / bluetooth / Airdrop (I’ve swapped the original card for a Broadcom one)
- The touch screen
- Almost everything else I suppose ?
What doesn’t work:
- Trackpad ((
- As far as I can tell, Sleep (but it’s not as mandatory to me, compared to the TP issue)
I have mixed results with Audio (but it’s a non-issue as I’ll use an external sound card most of the time).
So there are my files, hopefully it’s not too much of a mess.
Thanks a billion fellow hackintoshers!
I would recommend attempting to use my config.plist in the EFI folder I uploaded a few posts back. The most recent one, not the one from a few pages ago. That would get you more to where you need to be. It also had the correct patches in place to get audio working 100% if you use the AppleALC.kext from the AppleALC guide.
You're positive you used the Voodoo2IC kext from my folder and not the original? The original one doesn't have the modified IONameMatch to see the track pad.
I've ran into this issue once before and I ended up having to dump a fresh version of my DSDT and repatch it for it work, it was a weird bug.
Also since yours is touch screen, it's possible that there is different track pad being used, or maybe the touch screen is interfering with it.
Your issue also could be related to not having USB configured properly, maybe. Since the USB-ALL SSDT has the port for information for track pad and other internal connectors. That's a shot in the dark, but could be possible.
I would start by dumping a fresh DSDT and re-patching it. Install all the VoodooI2C related kexts to L-E and rebuild cache, just to make sure the texts are actually being loaded properly.
Also going off of your PR files, it's super interesting that you have brightness control working without SSDT-PNLF in the ACPI Patched folder. Something weird about that.