i7-9750H
Graphics
RTX 2060 / UHD 630, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I m following @stonevil Guide on Mojave on a Razer Blade Mid 2019 Base RTX 2060. Bios has been updated to latest version as per Razer Tool.
Problem is I don't see in Bios, the Overclocking Performance Menu even though i modded it according to attached pic.
What is weird though is that in my Bios the Overclocking Performance Menu folder is right under "Setup" Folder and not in "Setup / Advanced" folder as in @stonevil screenshot below

Attachments

• OverClocking_Performance_Menu.png
    OverClocking_Performance_Menu.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 666
  • my bios.png
    my bios.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 593
Found a couple of threads in Razer Forums:
Unlocking Overclocking BIOS menu
Razer Blade 15 2018 Overclocking Performance menu in BIOS (for undevolting purposes)
(exact same problem)

Seems that Razer intentionally blocked that menu on some model, including apparently most recent base models.

So what are my options there ?
- Am i going to run into throttling/heating or other issues?
- Is this going to seriously impact performance or reliability under MacOs?
- Any way to unlock those settings with another software?

I am NOOB in all those Bios tweaks, and i don't know how much a difference they can make. I can still return this laptop if not being able to change those BIOS settings is going to be a problem... and leave this thread to posterity.

Found a couple of threads in Razer Forums:
Unlocking Overclocking BIOS menu
Razer Blade 15 2018 Overclocking Performance menu in BIOS (for undevolting purposes)
(exact same problem)

Seems that Razer intentionally blocked that menu on some model, including apparently most recent base models.

So what are my options there ?
- Am i going to run into throttling/heating or other issues?
- Is this going to seriously impact performance or reliability under MacOs?
- Any way to unlock those settings with another software?

I am NOOB in all those Bios tweaks, and i don't know how much a difference they can make. I can still return this laptop if not being able to change those BIOS settings is going to be a problem... and leave this thread to posterity.
Were you able to fix that issue?
I'm facing this also and can't find fix for that.

Update: i was able to make overclocking menu to show using solution from this link.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Did you manage to build Hackintosh out of the Razer Blade 15 mid 2019 Base?

I've been attempting to myself. I'm getting a kernel panic when booting via opencore. Let alone the issue after doing the bios mod, the options not showing.... Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back