Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 15 2020 Base Model IGPU Acceleration (i7-10750H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 Base 2020 (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Razer Blade 15 2020 (4k OLED model) that I'm trying to run the latest version of Catalina (10.15.7) on. I have managed to get everything but IGPU Acceleration, Sleep, and Brightness Control functioning.

IGPU Acceleration:
The CPU is a Comet Lake i7-10750H which according to Intels website has a "Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors" I'm not sure if this is a UHD630 or something else. For the life of me I cannot seem to get graphics accleration to work. I've tried a host of different ig-platform-id and device-id. I've also tired to boot with no graphics related boot args and -wegnoegpu but that does not seem to help. Additionally my BIOS is locked and doesn't have a DVMT-prealloc setting so I need the stolenmem and fbmem patches. I'm aware that the current device-id should be <9B3E0000> but if I use that the laptop will not boot and it throws an error. Not entirely sure what's going on. This is the main issue I'm trying to resolve.

Sleep:
It just doesn't work. The laptop screen won't even turn off if I close the lid or use the software sleep button. I've mapped my USB ports and disabled my dGPU, and included the PMC SSDT but it doesn't help at all.

Brightness:
I cannot adjust brightness at all. I cannot boot with SSDT-ALSD.aml in my ACPI folder. It throws an error and I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that this computer has an OLED panel. From my understanding no one has managed to get brightness control working on OLED panels (Dell XPS 15 9500 users).

I've attached below screenshots of my the graphics acceleration settings and boot args so you don't have to dig through my EFI for it.

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 4.18.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 4.20.58 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    60.2 MB · Views: 442
small update: any device id but a legitimate one will boot the system. I'm currently just using <12345678> and the system will boot. So it seems any "valid" device-id will cause the device to not boot. Additionally booting without a device-id is not possible it seems.

@jt1900jt @DJ_Mic
I can boot with the 2020 4k advanced model using that GitHub OC config. Try to remove the framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-fbmem keys. Add -cdfon boot flag for 4k panel. However, I cannot adjust the brightness.

Last edited:
@jt1900jt Did you manage to fix this issue?

@jt1900jt Did you manage to fix this issue?
I did but I had to use a hardware programmer to flash a modded BIOS which allowed me to change my DVMT Pre-Alloc settings in BIOS. There isn't a software solution for the 4k oled model to get graphics acceleration working due to Razer locking down the BIOS.

Wait... But is it possible to get the 1080p version working without modifying the DVMT Pre-Alloc settings? I thought this was a requirement for MacOS to boot.

I have the exact same model as you. How hard is it to flash the bios? Did you use forum.notebookreview as a guide?

With setup_var_cv, you can edit your bios setting without flashing the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back