Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 14" QHD+ 2015 - Haswell i7-4720HQ - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• spacepluk.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 46
hey, thanks for taking the time to put that together. This is what I get with that config.

I've read that guide and weg's manual several times, but it looks like this is a tough one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 1.18.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 1.18.34 AM.png
    526.5 KB · Views: 81
Some more progress...

I added VoodooTSCSync.kext and that allows me to boot without cpus=1 and everything works better.

About the graphics, I realized that if I boot clover with a lower resolution (i.e. 1024x768) all the ig-platform-ids that gave me distorted graphics will then work with acceleration and everything. So, after some experimentation I managed to get to a configuration that works fine with the recommended ig-platform-id (0x0a260006), but as soon as I try to set clover to the native resolution I get distorted graphics again. It's a bit annoying but it works :)

After finding that workaround I got pretty much everything working perfectly, except for multitouch in the touchpad. The touchpad works flawlessly on linux and it's listed as a "Razer Blade" usb device and uses the hid-rmi driver, libinput says it's Synaptics. I've been playing around with VoodooI2C/HID and I couldn't manage to get it to work.

Maybe this needs some coding? I saw that at some point there was a SynapticsRMI implementation but I tried to find it in the latest version and I couldn't. I think I could try to patch this with some guidance, and taking a look at the linux driver.

Some more progress...

I added VoodooTSCSync.kext and that allows me to boot without cpus=1 and everything works better.

About the graphics, I realized that if I boot clover with a lower resolution (i.e. 1024x768) all the ig-platform-ids that gave me distorted graphics will then work with acceleration and everything. So, after some experimentation I managed to get to a configuration that works fine with the recommended ig-platform-id (0x0a260006), but as soon as I try to set clover to the native resolution I get distorted graphics again. It's a bit annoying but it works :)

After finding that workaround I got pretty much everything working perfectly, except for multitouch in the touchpad. The touchpad works flawlessly on linux and it's listed as a "Razer Blade" usb device and uses the hid-rmi driver, libinput says it's Synaptics. I've been playing around with VoodooI2C/HID and I couldn't manage to get it to work.

Maybe this needs some coding? I saw that at some point there was a SynapticsRMI implementation but I tried to find it in the latest version and I couldn't. I think I could try to patch this with some guidance, and taking a look at the linux driver.
I was getting the same distorted graphics has you until I used UEFI with CSM instead of just UEFI Bios. might help

Some more progress...

Do you have max vram?

yeah, I think I can live with the boot screen being in a weird stretched resolution because after booting everything is working pretty well in QHD+

The one last think that I can't figure out is multitouch on the synaptics trackpad (Razer Blade 1532:011d). It's a USB composite device, and there isn't a lot of information about how to handle USB touchpads in general. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• razer-blade-2015-synaptics-1532011d.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 79
I know this thread is a few months old at this point, but i figure maybe i could get some help here. I have the same machine as op does, and i'm trying to get mojave working. You say you got yours working for catalina, and i've tried my best to follow the things you've done in this thread but i still cannot seem to get my machine to work properly. Could you maybe share your clover configuration and any other configs i'd need to get my machine working? I'm not exactly the most skilled when it comes to this but i really do not want to give up being able to use macOS on my laptop.

hi there, I sold this computer a couple of weeks ago. But I think I might have a copy of the configs, I just need to find some time to look for it because I'm completely swamped at the moment.

Ah ok. If you cant find anything, its no big deal but if you can, that would probably be a life saver for me haha. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back