Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 14 2014 Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically right now I am stuck at "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist : 2 No such file or directory" Any ideas on how to get passed this? I already tried dart=0

What bootloader are you using? Did you remove nvidia kexts?

You will probably also need to remove all Intel graphics kexts as I do not think the retina display will work with HD4600.

You're welcome to try, but so far the only success has been on machines with IrisPro.

As far as I know no one has gotten OS X to work at retina resolutions with HD4600 (only HD5000+).

Where would the nvidia kext be located because I don't think my USB boot loader has any. I am using Clover.

Where would the nvidia kext be located because I don't think my USB boot loader has any. I am using Clover.

All kexts are in /System/Library/Extensions.

Nvidia kexts are NVDA*, Geforce*.

All kexts are in /System/Library/Extensions.

Nvidia kexts are NVDA*, Geforce*.

I removed all the graphic kexts. stuck at the same thing. any boot flags I could try?

I removed all the graphic kexts. stuck at the same thing. any boot flags I could try?

Are you launching the installer via USB or is this post-install?

Did you boot "-f" after removing kexts (or if post-install, rebuild cache)?

Always post quality photo of the result. We are not telepathic.

Are you launching the installer via USB or is this post-install?

Did you boot "-f" after removing kexts (or if post-install, rebuild cache)?

Always post quality photo of the result. We are not telepathic.

I haven't successfully gotten pass the Apple logo. I will post up a picture of verbose mode.

So am I the only one attempting to hackintosh this machine? :crazy:

So am I the only one attempting to hackintosh this machine? :crazy:

Probably. It will be an uphill battle, if not impossible, due to the high resolution screen and lack of HD5000.

You were going to upload a verbose photo and never did.

Probably. It will be an uphill battle, if not impossible, due to the high resolution screen and lack of HD5000.

You were going to upload a verbose photo and never did.

Yes I will. I have my last final exam tomorrow so I'll have more time to mess around with the razor blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back