Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 14 2014 Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep still nothing.

You are pressing your hotkey to get boot choices from BIOS?
You created using Unibeast on 8GB stick using MBR partitioning?

You are pressing your hotkey to get boot choices from BIOS?
You created using Unibeast on 8GB stick using MBR partitioning?

Yeah I did all that with a 16GB USB which I don't think should prevent my computer from recognizing it as a boot option. The only time I got anything to boot was when I first made a Unibeast USB then used clover boot loader on the USB afterwards. I will try again tonight and will take detailed pics to show you what I got. Thank you for the quick reply btw. I wish I could just send you my computer and 100 bucks for you to do it for me :D

Yeah I did all that with a 16GB USB which I don't think should prevent my computer from recognizing it as a boot option. The only time I got anything to boot was when I first made a Unibeast USB then used clover boot loader on the USB afterwards. I will try again tonight and will take detailed pics to show you what I got. Thank you for the quick reply btw. I wish I could just send you my computer and 100 bucks for you to do it for me :D

If you use a USB larger than 8GB, you should be certain to create only a single 8GB partition and leave the rest as free space.

Note: It will likely take more than $100 worth of time to make it work... Just trying to set expectations, not offering my services.

If you use a USB larger than 8GB, you should be certain to create only a single 8GB partition and leave the rest as free space.

Note: It will likely take more than $100 worth of time to make it work... Just trying to set expectations, not offering my services.

here are some pictures of my progress. I tried loading in verbose mode so you can look at it and tell me what I can try.

photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg

here are some pictures of my progress. I tried loading in verbose mode so you can look at it and tell me what I can try.

Did you remove all intel/nvidia kexts from the USB? Try also using dart=0.

Dart=0? Like enter this in verbose mode?

Not Dart=0, but rather dart=0. Flags are generally case sensitive. Type it before hitting enter at the bootloader.

But your graphics will not work (thus why I say remove them all), and it is going to take an expert to figure it out... I think the idea of editing EDID to leave only 1080p is possibly something to try.

Basically right now I am stuck at "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist : 2 No such file or directory" Any ideas on how to get passed this? I already tried dart=0

Basically right now I am stuck at "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist : 2 No such file or directory" Any ideas on how to get passed this? I already tried dart=0

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back