Contribute
Register

Razer Blade 14 2014 Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for certain that there is a bios mod for the 2014 model (the one with the 870m) to allow for the changes of the DVMT-prealloc value, but I would bet that there is also one for the 2015 model.

Use the link below and see if the tutorial applies to the newer model as well (while you won't be able to directly flash the 2014 bios on the 2015 blade, you should still be able to follow the steps to create your own modded version)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...mod-pcie-3-0-lid-mod-power-button-mod.773520/

FYI: I don't have this laptop.

FYI: I don't have this laptop.
Just compiling my findings to make it easier for anyone else with the laptop who tries hackintoshing it :D

Just compiling my findings to make it easier for anyone else with the laptop who tries hackintoshing it :D

Don't use a quoted reply unless your intention is to communicate directly to the person you're quoting.

Just got a 2016 model any step by step guide I could follow to install OS X el Capitan ?
from my understanding only the trackpad is not working....
the rest should work with limitations ( wifi card needs to be swapped and 960m won't accelerate graphics )
can I use the latest unibeast or do i need to use clover ?

Cheers

Just got a 2016 model any step by step guide I could follow to install OS X el Capitan ?
from my understanding only the trackpad is not working....
the rest should work with limitations ( wifi card needs to be swapped and 960m won't accelerate graphics )
can I use the latest unibeast or do i need to use clover ?

Cheers

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Also lots of info you should probably read in the FAQ...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Also lots of info you should probably read in the FAQ...

I was able to get to the clover bootoader and everything seems fine but it looks like that when it reaches OS X installer the graphic card is not recognized and i just have a black screen..
i read that some people had to mod their bios to make it work with the intel graphic card
I also saw that 10.11.4 supports intel HD530 anyway I could create an installer what installs 10.11.4 and not just 10.11 ?

I was able to get to the clover bootoader and everything seems fine but it looks like that when it reaches OS X installer the graphic card is not recognized and i just have a black screen..
i read that some people had to mod their bios to make it work with the intel graphic card
I also saw that 10.11.4 supports intel HD530 anyway I could create an installer what installs 10.11.4 and not just 10.11 ?

Please fill out your profile as requested in the guide.

Impossible to provide advice without hardware details.

For Skylake, you should use the latest OS X.

Please fill out your profile as requested in the guide.

Impossible to provide advice without hardware details.

For Skylake, you should use the latest OS X.

Sorry about that just updated my profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back