Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
NA
CPU
NA
Graphics
NA
What's your opinion on this build, for a new Hackintosh? :)

I'm buying from this Portuguese store: pcdiga.com

We don't have/can't order from Newegg etc because of customs.

P.S.: I hope I'm not forgetting anything? I'm a newbie

2019-01-30_17-18-44.jpg

Probably not.

I've always found that it's better to have a board/cpu/gfx card that people are actively working on as it gives you a better chance that you'll have a working rig in the short and long term.

What's your opinion on this build, for a new Hackintosh? :)

I'm buying from this Portuguese store: pcdiga.com

We don't have/can't order from Newegg etc because of customs.

P.S.: I hope I'm not forgetting anything? I'm a newbie

View attachment 383550

To use a Z370 motherboard with a 9th generation CPU the motherboard's BIOS needs to be upgraded to a version that contains support for the 9th generation CPUs. Otherwise the CPU won't be recognized.

Can you be sure that the motherboard you want on that list has been upgraded with a new BIOS capable of supporting the 9th generation CPUs? If not, and if you still wants that motherboard, you will need to have a 8th generation CPU on hand to activate the motherboard and allow you to upgrade the BIOS.

To use a Z370 motherboard with a 9th generation CPU the motherboard's BIOS needs to be upgraded to a version that contains support for the 9th generation CPUs. Otherwise the CPU won't be recognized.

Can you be sure that the motherboard you want on that list has been upgraded with a new BIOS capable of supporting the 9th generation CPUs? If not, and if you still wants that motherboard, you will need to have a 8th generation CPU on hand to activate the motherboard and allow you to upgrade the BIOS.
Also there's that...well said Mr. Bond

Only thing that jumps out at me is going with a 370 series board with the 9900. Why not go for the 390? @CaseySJ has been super active with his Gigabyte z390 board getting it working in tip top shape:

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If anyone wants an i9-9900K system it is a much better choice to go Z390 as those motherboards have VRMs that can handle the extra power draw and heat that comes with these 8 core CPUs. The Designare by Gigabyte would be a good pairing with that. It offers onboard TH3 and good overclocking potential. Just smarter to go with Z390.

I would also advise you to maybe look into a bigger AiO with a 240/280 Radiator (like the H110i or H115i Pro). the H60 might be a little bit underpowered for the power hungry 9900K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back