Motherboard
HP 8300
CPU
Core i5 3470
Graphics
GT 710 2GB LP
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I installed macOS Sierra and High Sierra on hp8300 with GT 710 2GB LP Graphic card based on this topic:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/
in both os I have a similar problem.
when Im working with my Mac suddenly screen goes black.
I left my Mac running for 7 hours without touching it, it didn't have any problem.
when Im using it, it occurs a lot! I should press power button for several seconds to reset.
I installed os like this guide and Im pretty sure it is Graphic problem.
I also tried correct web driver maybe it works! but it has same sudden black screen problem.
it seems the graphic lost sending signal to lcd
what can I do?

thanks in advanced :)

some random freeze also happens, I assume the source of the problem is similar.
I use 13,2 as mention in the guide

@Javaded, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@Javaded, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
tnx
I have updated my profile, I think, I create this topic in a wrong place and it should be in Graphic section, if it is, please move it there to help me find the answer! :cry:

any idea?!:oops:
I tested with web driver and without web driver.
Also using lilu and nvidiagraphicfixup kext
no louk!

I attached my config.plist!
I also connect my graphic card via hdmi to my monitor with an adaptor.
but same random black screen and freezing happens

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 206
is brand of video card important and has effect?
my video card is biostar gt 710 2GB LP
a lot of users has msi or evga

Hi Javaded,
I have an elite 8300 with a 1050ti LP that has started doing the same thing. I'm running sierra and only started seeing the problem after doing the latest sierra update. I thought it may have been an issue with the NV web drivers that I updated to after the sierra update and was about to upgrade to high sierra to see if that fixed the issue. However, I was on my windows 10 partition and the random black screen issue is happening there as well, although more frequently on macos it seems.
So i think its fair to say that it is not a macos/web driver issue or a graphics card issue either. I'm wondering if its power supply or other hardware related ie motherboard etc. I'm running via display port

Sorry I haven't got a fix for you but I wouldn't go throwing out your graphics card just yet. Do you have dual boot on yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back