CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
gtx 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First off, sorry if this isn't posted in the right section. If it needs to be moved, I'll request a mod to move it.

Ok, so here's the deal. I have/had a perfectly functioning Hackintosh, that dual boots from two separate drives. My Samsung 840 Pro for OS X, and a 500Gb WD Blue for Windows. Both OS's are perfectly functional, and have been completely functional for months. Meaning everything works perfectly on both ends. I'm currently running 10.8.5 and at the time of the mishap, I was running Chimera 2.1.2 for my bootloader.

System specs:

• MSI Z77A-G45 (Patched bios via samisnake)
  • i5 2500k @ 4.2Ghz
  • Gigabyte GTX 670 2Gb OC
  • 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP

So here's my problem:

I only use Windows for gaming, while OS X is my daily driver. Keep in mind, my hack is set to boot from my 840 Pro with Chimera installed, so that I have the option to choose which OS I want to choose at boot up. My hack has been running great for months, and has been running the 10.8.5 version perfectly since its release date. However, today after finishing up my programming projects, I decided I wanted to play some Counter Strike on Windows. So, as I always do, I closed everything on my Mac, then restarted. Upon restarting, I was prompted with a boot:1 error. I'd read about the boot:0 errors, but have never ran across anything like this, so I googled it and couldn't find a true definitive answer to my problem.

So, my first initial thought was maybe the sata cable or the power cable came unhooked somehow, so I checked and everything was plugged in nice and tight. My second thought was that maybe the bootloader somehow became corrupted and wasn't allowing my 840 SSD to start via Chimera like it normally does. Because of this, instead of prompted the Chimera screen, it now just defaults to my Windows HDD upon boot up. Within windows, I can see my 840 in disk management, and I can even see it in my motherboards sata ports via the bios menu; however, it's not listed in the boot list menu with my other drives. The first thing I did was use my Unibeast drive to boot back into OS X, then I downloaded the new Multibeast and installed the newest Chimera, hoping that would solve my problem. However, it did not and I'm still not able to boot directly from my SSD without the use of my Unibeast drive.

Anyone have a clue as to why this randomly started happening when it's been working perfect for months? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it's a hassle to have to use my Unibeast drive just to boot into my daily driver. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back