Asus ROG STRIX B360-I Gaming
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

ever since I installed Sierra on my primary hackintosh (list of components is in signature below) I'm having a certain problem - sometimes I boot just fine, and sometimes I get prohibited sign and I have to manually restart until it boots normally again. It really happens randomly in no special sequence.

Another problem I'm having is related to audio - similar thing happens with it to - sometimes the audio drivers are loaded normally, while sometimes I get "No output devices found" in System Preferences (while having greyed-out speaker icon in the menubar). This also happens randomly.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Bump... anyone? :)

techno70 - it seems to be working, I restarted it several times and had no problem, the sound is being loaded also!
But, I'll have to keep an eye, it really needs to stay this way more than a week at least to be sure...

Thanks man!

techno70 - it seems to be working, I restarted it several times and had no problem, the sound is being loaded also!
But, I'll have to keep an eye, it really needs to stay this way more than a week at least to be sure...

Thanks man!

Are you using OsxAptioFixDrv2? Is CsrActiveConfig set to 0x3?

Hello,

I Had the same problem, prohibited sign again and again.
I tried lot of kexts/config.

Now it's working fine for me :
I have re-installed properly the system, used multibeast for some drivers, UPDATED BIOS (with some memory compatibility problems resolved), and it's working fine !

EDIT :

I Forgot to say that I use a MSI Z170A PRO, an I5 6600, an INTEL SSD 535 Series 480 Go, and 2 x 8 Go RAM DDR4 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX

EDIT :

Unfortunately, it seems to not work.
I just had some luck, and then it stopped.

... and I'm afraid to try again this kext/config.plist modifications. Last time my hackintosh
was in a reboot loop ...

Last edited:
Hello,

I Had the same problem, prohibited sign again and again.
I tried lot of kexts/config.

Now it's working fine for me :
I have re-installed properly the system, used multibeast for some drivers, UPDATED BIOS (with some memory compatibility problems resolved), and it's working fine !

EDIT :

I Forgot to say that I use a MSI Z170A PRO, an I5 6600, an INTEL SSD 535 Series 480 Go, and 2 x 8 Go RAM DDR4 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX

EDIT :

Unfortunately, it seems to not work.
I just had some luck, and then it stopped.

... and I'm afraid to try again this kext/config.plist modifications. Last time my hackintosh
was in a reboot loop ...

the fix it's fine and still working for me but we are talking about mobo: MSI H170M-A-PRO
to fix your specific problem start to figure out it by using the flag -V at boot, if you get this error message:
"Couldn't allocate runtime area" then you can try this fix.
In some configurations, i've also fixed using "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000" driver:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cant-boot-without-osxaptiofix2drv-free2000-efi.226624/
Good luck and do not give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back