Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz,3600 Mhz
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT MECH 2X 8G OC
Hello Guys,
As the title describe, the OS runs smoothly everything works fine (audio, display, network) except sometimes the screen will black out after pick the MacOS to boot. The screen will run several code (like normally) the screen turns black and that is it.

What I have to do is hard reboot the computer and pray next time the screen will turn back on after those code execute.

Please tell me what should i do. Much appreciated.

Hardware:
Motherboard:ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz,3600 Mhz
GPU:MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT MECH 2X 8G OC

Log and EFI folder (Without the SMBIOS info)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16 MB · Views: 26
  • opencore-2016-08-02-130643.txt
    256 KB · Views: 17
I would suggest 1) ocvalidating your config.plist then correcting any discrepancies, 2) searching this site for "Asus Prime Z390" then comparing your EFI to others then determine what drivers and kext files you need or don't need. Reboot the system each time you make a change thus you will know what caused the issue you have. Good luck!

Last edited:
I would suggest 1) ocvalidating your config.plist then correcting any discrepancies, 2) searching this site for "Asus Prime Z390" then comparing your EFI to others then determine what drivers and kext files you need or don't need. Reboot the system each time you make a change thus you will know what caused the issue you have. Good luck!
Thanks for your advise. But I'm wondering how to "ocvalidating your config.plist"? Do I did to use proper tree open two .plist files than put them together and cross check any difference?

Thanks for your advise. But I'm wondering how to "ocvalidating your config.plist"? Do I did to use proper tree open two .plist files than put them together and cross check any difference?
when you download opencore, there is a utility called ocvalidate, drag that to a terminal window and then drag over your config.plist, then hit enter, it will check your config.plist

when you download opencore, there is a utility called ocvalidate, drag that to a terminal window and then drag over your config.plist, then hit enter, it will check your config.plist
Thanks for the tips! I'll try it later.
Also I'm curious does the kext files ordering matters?
(I saw someone said proper tree will makes the ordering properly, some said Lilu.kext must be in the first place then the VirtualSMC.kext).

Thanks for the tips! I'll try it later.
Also I'm curious does the kext files ordering matters?
(I saw someone said proper tree will makes the ordering properly, some said Lilu.kext must be in the first place then the VirtualSMC.kext).
yes, Lilu should be at the top

some have VirtualSMC after, you can test to see if the machine works any better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back