Msi gaming-X RX 480 4gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello to all of you,
I successfully installed mac os catalina 10.15.7 on my desktop computer...fully working except imessage, facetime, and hardware accelleration (but i think its related to my smbios: imac14,2).
Randomly i experienced hard freezes (keyboard don't working, mouse don't working) but my monitor continue playing youtube videos (an example).
I searched a lot about this issue but i didn't find any solution for my problem.
Probably because there are not much success' with my motherboard or my combination of hardware. I know that RehabMan did a build for his hackintosh and a guide related to that but was an older version of os X.

Can anyone pls help me? I need a solution.

Sorry for my bad english. Thanks in advance.

The use of the iMac 14,2 SMBIOS is fine with your Ivy Bridge system. It is not the native SMBIOS for an Ivy Bridge system, but should be OK for Catalina.

If you have not yet configured your iMessage, FaceTime and graphics acceleration your system is not fully working.

You need to look at this iMessage guide by P1LGRAM - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

For your Graphics Acceleration you need to look at your config.plist and set/add the Device Properties for your IB IGPU, and remove any other incorrect graphics settings. The settings can be found in this WhateverGreen.kext FAQ for Intel HD manual - https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

Your RX 480 will require RadeonDeInit=true set in the Graphics section of your config.plist.

You will need to look at creating a USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system, as unexpected freezes, keyboard and mouse not working sound like you have some USB port issues.

The specification page for your Intel motherboard - https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/50098/intel-desktop-board-dh67bl.html, states you have more USB ports than allowed by Apple, so you would need to disable a few ports to remain within the 15 port limit. 16 x USB2 and 4 x USB3 ports gives a total of 24 virtual ports available on your motherboard.

I would recommend you read and follow UtterDisbelief's USB guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

IF you follow these instructions, then you may have a fully functional system.

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to use the iGPU for this machine. I ticked the RadeonDeInit box. I will follow the guides you give me.

Hi bro.
I already followed that imessage guide but with no results. When i ticked the RadeonDeInit box in clover configurator my hackintosh sometimes shows a prohibited sign. Idk why but it happens.
I already followed the usb port guide month ago but with no results here too.
I attached my efi folder.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm italian :/

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27 MB · Views: 107
Ok my usb 3 are not working...even imessage its not working

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-01-11 alle 11.09.57.jpg
    Schermata 2021-01-11 alle 11.09.57.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 66
OK, there are a few issues with your CLOVER folder that can be sorted relatively easily.

Clover Version:
You are using an old version of Clover, pre - Clover_r4986. I would recommend you update the version of Clover you are using to Clover_r5119 or r5120, as these were the last two releases before the developers tried to incorporate some fo the OpenCore entries. Copy of Clover_r5119 attached below.

SSDT's:
You should in my opinion be using the following SSDT's:
  • SSDT-XOSI.aml, with corresponding Clover config.plist rename patch.
  • SSDT-IMEI.aml - Needed to add a missing IMEI device on Ivy Bridge CPU with 6 series motherboards
  • SSDT-EC.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
The last two should be generated from your DSDT.aml with Corpnewt's SSDTTime script.

These should be placed in the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder alongside your SSDT.aml (CPU power management SSDT).

Kexts:
You are using a number of unnecessary/obsolete and problematic kexts:
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext - Other Intel Ethernet kext should be used, as mentioned below.
  • AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext - I doubt very much if you have an Atheros Ethernet port on your Intel motherboard
  • CodecCommander.kext - Not sure this is required
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext - Obsolete since El Capitan was released, causes more problems than it solves
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext - not required as you have an SSDT.aml for CPU PM
The kexts listed above can be removed from the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

IntelMausiEthernet.kext should work with your Intel Ethernet port. But check which of the two Intel kexts is working in your system, before you delete AppleIntelE1000e.kext.

You have AirPortAtheros40.kext and IO80211Family.kext in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. Can you confirm which WiFi card you are using. As you may not need both of these kexts, especially as the rolled back IO80211Family.kext, (assumed from High Sierra or Mojave) contains a number of plugins that may work with your WiFi card.

Kext & driver update:
Personally I would recommend replacing FakeSMC.kext and SMCHelper.efi with VirtualSMC.kext and VirtualSMC.efi. FakeSMC.kext is no longer being developed, whereas VirtualSMC.kext is still in the reasonably early stages of development, compared to FakeSMC.kext.

Config.plist:
This required quite a few changes, additions and omissions. Sorry but I am not in the mood to detail all the changes I made to your config.plist.

The changes include additional rename patches, boot arguments, IGPU settings, IMEI, HPET, RTC fixes. changing the SMBIOS to a better match with your Ivy Bridge system, checking new Serial Number, populating MLB and ROM fields so iMessage should work, plus other items.

I have changed the SMBIOs to iMac 13.2 as that is the SMBIOS recommended for an Ivy Bridge system like yours. It will run Catalina with no issues. I have checked the new serial with Apple Support, it is not being used by a real Mac, so shouldn't cause any issues with iMessage, iCloud etc.

The IGPU (HD4000) is supported in Catalina, but not beyond this OS. I have removed the 'Inject Intel=true' option from the config.plist as it is not required when using WhateverGreen.kext. I have added the IGPU Device Properties to the config.plist, so the IGPU runs headless to match the setup on a real Mac, with the RX480 running/powering the display(s).

To Do:
iMessage - Messages

Before you try using Messages, iCloud etc. again, I would recommend you have a read of this guide by P1LGRIM - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/, especially the part where he goes through the removing old plists etc., as your previous failures may hinder any future chance of these services working with the new config.plist/setup.

I would confirm the new config.plist contains all the necessary Serial, MLB, ROM etc for Messages to work. So do not change or mess them up.

USB config
You need to create a USB config kext or SSDT for your system, as your motherboard contains more than the 15 ports allowed by Apple. Read and follow UtterDisbelief's USB configuration guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/.

Ask for help if you get stuck or don't understand what is being asked when following the USB configuration guide.

CLOVER folder
If/when you upgrade your Clover installation, you can then try the attached CLOVER folder in place of your current one. I do not think this Clover folder will work with the current version of Clover you are using, as the new version will look for the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder for the drivers. This new CLOVER folder doesn't contain the old/obsolete drivers64 and drivers64UEFI folders, which your current CLOVER folder uses.

When you do try to use this CLOVER folder you should not simply replace your current CLOVER folder. But rather use a spare USB pen drive to test the folder first.

Follow these steps:
  1. Format the spare USB as HFS+ with a single partition, doesn't matter size of USB, 1GB drive will do.
  2. Install Clover_r5119 in UEFI mode to the USB.
  3. Replace the CLOVER folder on the USB with the one attached below.
  4. Boot your system with the USB,
  5. Press F10 key (repeatedly) when your system starts, to bring up the Boot Menu.
  6. Select the UEFI partition on the USB pen drive as the boot drive.
  7. System should boot in to Clover, where you can select your macOS Catalina drive.
  8. You will be able to tell you have booted in to the USB as the Clover boot screen will be different, the attached CLOVER folder and config.plist call the 'Catalina' boot theme not the 'Embedded' theme your config calls.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Clover_r5119.zip
    8 MB · Views: 78
  • CLOVER.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 93
I have some updates...

I replaced your EFI folder with mine and i'm able to boot into macOS with no errors.
I definitely unchecked the RadeonDeInit 'cause it's causing the prohibited sign at boot.

iMessage and Facetime are not working.

I switched to iMac 13.2 smbios and it's woking like a charm.

My USB 3/3.x are not working (i followed the hackintool and ioregistry editor guide you give me).

As last thing i don't know how to set up the iGPU. I read on some forums and saw in some tutorials on youtube that i need to edit the imei in my config.plist.

Can you tell me how to enable the iGPU correctly?

Thanks bro.

EDIT:

Oh i forgot to say i tried to activate the iGPU but when i activate it in the bios and check inject intel (in the clover preboot menu in settings) my macOS loading is slower than the only rx 480 injected loading and the iGPU is not showed in the device list.

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-01-12 alle 09.27.19.png
    Schermata 2021-01-12 alle 09.27.19.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
If you are using WhateverGreen.kext then you should not be using any of the graphics Inject options in your config.plist, not for the Intel iGPU or the AMD/ATI dGPU.

IF you do they will clash with the settings WhateverGreen.kext loads.

Look within the config.plist I provided, it contains the Device Properties for the Intel HD 4000 IGPU your system uses. These settings will work with your IGPU. As it should be used with a Headless framebuffer, as you have the display connected to the RX480, to match how a real Mac works.

i tried it... i think I enabled the iGPU because in hackintool it shows a hd 4000 igpu.

I will try another time the imessage guide and the usb guide.

I'm not experiencing any crash at all now but if it will freeze i will report it here.

Thanks

EDIT:

When i use the kextupdate app it shows me a new update of applehda but when i update it the audio stop to working.
Any idea of what can cause this problem?

Just use AppleALC.kext alongside Lily.kext. You shouldn’t need to use the AppleHDA.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back