AMD 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

Bit of an oddity on my Wife's hack after upgrading to Mojave.

Installed with UniBeast + MultiBeast 11.

Z77 Asrock Pro4
8GB RAM
RX 570 MSI
Broadcom BT+Wifi card to PCI-E 1x (tried multiple).

The issue I am having is that when uploading at all, the system flat out shuts down. Like I just yanked the cord.

This is reproducible 90% of the time.

So far I have...

1. Replaced PSU
2. Replaced Wifi card
3. Reset BIOS
4. Updated BIOS
5. Turned off all thermal protection in BIOS (even though I wasn't coming close)
6. Tried no SSDT, i5 SB SSDT, i5 SB OC SSDT
7. Reinstalled multiple times.

The system works fine in Windows on another drive.

Don't know where else to turn here. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Another oddity which happened at the same time is sometimes on boot, it gives 6 beeps from the BIOS, but continues normally.

AMI BIOS Beep code. May be of help for troubleshooting.

Beeps ----------- Error Message -------------- Description
6 short ------------ Gate A20 failure ------------ The keyboard controller IC has failed, which is not allowing Gate A20 to switch the processor to protected mode. - Replace the keyboard controller

Odd twist of fate this morning. Attempted to build wife a new hack out of a Dell 9020 I had lying around. Couldn't get the 570 to initialize right on it.

Rebuilt the components back into her original hack and so far (knock on wood), no issues.

Odd twist of fate this morning. Attempted to build wife a new hack out of a Dell 9020 I had lying around. Couldn't get the 570 to initialize right on it.

Rebuilt the components back into her original hack and so far (knock on wood), no issues.

Are you booting in Legacy or UEFI mode? RX cards prefer UEFI mode, you could try this EFi folder it is from another thread with i5 2500k and a RX 560.
A few questions.
How are you connecting to the monitor? Displayport, HDMI, (DVI D support is not good in Mojave).
Are you using Lilukext and Whatevergreen?
Are you injecting ATI?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 52
Was using the same settings I am using on the current build - UEFI and injected via Radeon DeInt - also tried WhateverGreen with and without injecting ATI from the booter.

Regardless, this thread is about the Z77 build, which, for now, seems to be working "okay". Down the road, I will attempt the 9020 again should this problem flair up - which could be today, could be a year from now.

Was using the same settings I am using on the current build - UEFI and injected via Radeon DeInt - also tried WhateverGreen with and without injecting ATI from the booter.

Regardless, this thread is about the Z77 build, which, for now, seems to be working "okay". Down the road, I will attempt the 9020 again should this problem flair up - which could be today, could be a year from now.

In the early betas if Mojave I was having black screen issues with HDMI so I used a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and was able to install and run it. Afterwards for some reason HDMI worked again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back