Intel Core i5 6600K 3.90 GHz
Graphics
NIVIDA GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Solved] Random Session Ejection, Will be Kicked Out to Login Screen Without Warning

Hello all,
I've successfully upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan for starters. I did a fresh install and got everything working. Successful boot up every time, working audio, and the works.

However, my problem is that my session will randomly quite and I'll be booted to the login screen where I'll have to log back in and my programs will have to restart again.

After some searching through the console and experimentation I am almost positive it is the WindowServer that is crashing and kicking me out. It also appears that there is a lot going wrong with spotlight but not sure if that is related. It usually happens when I try to open something new or there is going to be a popup window. Although occasionally it will happen seemingly at random.

I've searched around various forms and help areas but none have an answer that solves my problem.

My Build:

Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2047 MB
Clover EFI startup

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there way way to fix it? I'd be happy to provide more information if needed. Thanks in advance!

I haven't used them myself so I have little advice.

If you boot with nv_disable=1 I expect you'd have crappy graphics performance, but can you use it for a while and see if the same apparent crash happens or not?

Well, you are right, the graphics performance is terrible but it's not crashing. I was doing everything that seemed to make it crash too. So that would mean is has something to do with the Nvidia drivers?

That would be my guess. May be worth taking this to the Graphics forum. There's a link there to the Nvidia drivers for 10.11.0 so you can make sure you've got exactly the right ones, and probably more people to help troubleshoot an Nvidia driver problem.

Alright I'll check out what they have over there but I checked and I do have the latest recommended drivers, although they are experimental. So I'm trying switching back to the OS X native drivers for now and see if that was the issue. I'll report back.

Switching back to native drivers did not fix the issue. During the latest crash my console was flooded with (Failed to launch and connect deamon, Failed IDSDaemonRequestConnection, no reply) not sure if that was the cause of after that fact. Still in the same position though.

The problem still persists. Doesn't seem to matter what form or combinations of drivers I use or don't use, I still get forced Logged out and sometimes downright freeze. Although I would say the ratio of log-outs to freezes is about 10 to 1

Anyone know what this could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back