Graphics
EVGA NVidia GTX670
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am getting some strange freezes, they usually happen when using finder but also ahve seen them after using the preference pane or iphoto.

Sometimes the Finder window will not respond to clicks and a few seconds later the cursor will freeze too. I don't get any KP screens, is just a freeze and i need to reset manually.

Hardware:
Gigabyte z68X-UD3H-B3
GTX 560 Ti for graphics
Crucial M4 SSD for HD (I had beeen using this one with another MB before with no problems at all).

The install method:
Unibeast then combo update to 10.7.3 then Multibeast with user DSDT downloaded from the DSDT database (used the right one for the BIOS version i have, the latest one F10)
Then using multibeast I installed the kexts showed in this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306

And for the NVidia card the method described in this post:
http://www.osx86.net/desktops/14178-gui ... 60-ti.html

I had my previos HD that was configured for another MB and Graphics card connected and did the "transfer my mac" stuff after install to transfer all settings to the new install (Prev install was also a 10.7.3 hackintosh)

I have another identical SSD with a windows 7 installation without any problems at all over there. Also I don't get crashes while using other programs like Chrome, or playing World of Warcraft, pretty much the build is perfect except for these freezes, they are random enough that sometimes they happen a couple of minutes after moving files or sometimes they dont even happen at all.

I am having the exact same issue. Driving me crazy! I had managed to get it more stable editing the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext like mention on a number of posts but eventually when I left me PC for ages and it finally want to go to sleep mode (as least the monitor) it locks/freezes. Got to do more research on these power states or what ever. Believe its when the gfx card goes to g3 state? it freezes. I don't see the AGPM status in console like everyone keeps saying.

I am actually going to try full, fresh, reinstall to test stability today. See how it goes.

Well, I have not touched anything in these last weeks and I have not seen a freeze in several days. I haven't been using the finder as much so that could be part of the reason for no freezes lately.

Well my system is completely stable now it seems running 10.7.3 with a Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti card.

Solution was to make DSDT edits to inject the nvidia details and thus disable GraphicsEnabler kernel flag. I was being lazy not doing DSDT edits but in the end I had to go back to DSDT way in order to enable dual screen output.

So everything is rocking now!!!

I am getting some strange freezes, they usually happen when using finder but also ahve seen them after using the preference pane or iphoto.

Sometimes the Finder window will not respond to clicks and a few seconds later the cursor will freeze too. I don't get any KP screens, is just a freeze and i need to reset manually.

Hardware:
Gigabyte z68X-UD3H-B3
GTX 560 Ti for graphics
Crucial M4 SSD for HD (I had beeen using this one with another MB before with no problems at all).

The install method:
Unibeast then combo update to 10.7.3 then Multibeast with user DSDT downloaded from the DSDT database (used the right one for the BIOS version i have, the latest one F10)
Then using multibeast I installed the kexts showed in this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306

And for the NVidia card the method described in this post:
http://www.osx86.net/desktops/14178-gui ... 60-ti.html

I had my previos HD that was configured for another MB and Graphics card connected and did the "transfer my mac" stuff after install to transfer all settings to the new install (Prev install was also a 10.7.3 hackintosh)

I have another identical SSD with a windows 7 installation without any problems at all over there. Also I don't get crashes while using other programs like Chrome, or playing World of Warcraft, pretty much the build is perfect except for these freezes, they are random enough that sometimes they happen a couple of minutes after moving files or sometimes they dont even happen at all.

I was having similar problems. After updating to 10.7.5 the computer would randomly freeze - sometimes Finder would freeze, sometimes Google Chrome. I updated the Crucial M4 SSD firmware to the latest version (010G) and updated the BIOS to the latest version (and installed the matching DSDT) and the freezes have disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back