Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX 1080Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I already posted about this over a month ago, but back than, I thought it had to do with my GPU. (which it didn't)

The thing is, my Hackintosh crashes randomly. After a Crash I get a pop-up telling me, that macOS crashed unexpectedly and if I want to send a report to Apple.
The Hackintosh only crashes when Graphics-Acceleration is functioning. (on both my Nvidia GPU and iGPU) Meaning that I can the Hackintosh in Safe Mode, but I don't have any Audio nor proper CA.
Although I have a GTX 1080Ti now as my main GPU, I upgraded to Mojave In hopes of fixing this issue, but it did not.

Here's my Hardware:
  • Intel Core i7 8700K
  • Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti
  • 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 Memory
  • Asus Strix Z370-F Gaming Mobo

I've also attached the error log, that the pop-up is presenting me after a reboot. Funny how it's still presenting me with an error log from High Sierra, although I'm now on Mojave.

Attachments

• errorLog.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 377
Have you found a fix yet?

Having the same issue with an 8700k, Asus 1080ti Turbo and z370-i Mobo.

No crash report after reboot though.

I can use the computer for hours, but as soon as I start rendering a video, playing a game, recording my screen, or any other graphic heavy-ish process, it just dies.

--SNIP--
No crash report after reboot though.
--SNIP--
The crash report opens up ever since it crashed like the second time. It seems like, it's stuck there now, as it still shows me a crash-report from High Sierra, although I'm now on Mojave...

The crash report opens up ever since it crashed like the second time. It seems like, it's stuck there now, as it still shows me a crash-report from High Sierra, although I'm now on Mojave...
At the Clover boot screen press f11.
Boot to desktop (may need to use nv_disable=1).
Mount EFI partition.
Delete nvram.plist.
Open Terminal and type
Code:
sudo nvram -c
Press return.
Type your password (it will not show on screen) and press return.
Restart.

If the spurious panic report still appears you may have to clear CMOS.

Last edited:
Just a thought - I experienced seemingly random crashes on two of my machines running Mojave but realised it was config.plist corruption.

I saved my existing EFI folder for reference and the config.plist it contained. I then deleted my EFI folder and using Clover build 4700 (no Multibeast for Mojave yet) did a clean install EDITED TO CLARIFY - The clean Install I refer to is just of Clover not of macOS, I left MacOS Mojave intact. Using PlistEdit Pro I then edited the my new config.plist to match the old one - I did drag and drop my RTVariables and SMBios sections to replicate exactly without fear of typos in order to keep my iCloud, Message and FaceTime working correctly.

Incidentally my config.plist corruption was due to using Intel FB-Patcher and not using it correctly.
So if any of you experiencing the crashes have experimented with Intel FB-Patcher I would recommend creating a fresh config.plist.

Last edited:
My problem disappeared after clean install of Mojave. The only difference was that I put the latest kexts and now everything is working fine. I haven't used multibeast, put everything manually with Clover configurator and now I don't have any problems. If I can help with something please just let me know

My problem disappeared after clean install of Mojave. The only difference was that I put the latest kexts and now everything is working fine. I haven't used multibeast, put everything manually with Clover configurator and now I don't have any problems. If I can help with something please just let me know

Hi Mate, Kinda struggling with the same issue. Do you mind sharing the steps you followed including the setting on Clover and sharing your EFI folder? Kind Regards.

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing random reboots on my hackintosh. I have the NUC8i5BEK, and I've installed everything. Although, I think it may have something to do with my iGPU. I'm not sure. This machine has the Intel Graphics HD 655 Iris. I'm unsure if there is a particular Kext or something I need to install for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back