Contribute
Register

Random Log Out while using otherwise working system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
PNY GTX 1080 FE
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The problem: Ever since I installed ML the system will randomly log me out completely and put me at the login screen. Yes, really, randomly. It could be just sitting there, doing nothing. It could be when I switch spaces, or check mail, or browse... BAM it would log me out. A real pain!

I have dual video cards (GTX 470 and 8800GT) running three monitors. Ok, so I figured: well, I did upgrade a perfectly working hackintosh from Lion to Mountain Lion on day ONE without tonymac and company's new MultiBeast 5.0 (which hasn't been released as of yet). I did an inplace upgrade and only needed to reinstall my audio using MultiBeast 4.6.1, and for the record it's been working fine other than this.

I couldn't find anyone else with the problem here on the forums, but I did find one on the Apple forums that seems completely related, and may eventually provide a solution. It seems it may be related to having TWO video cards being used.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4135972?start=0&tstart=0

If anyone here finds a solution, please post it! In the mean time, I am unplugging my third monitor (connected to my 8800GT) and giving it a go. I'll report back.

- Coolz

Hey Coolz,

I am having the same problem. I've got 3x Nvidia gtx680 GPUs outputting to 12 monitors (crazy I know) and the ML 10.8.2 is randomly logging out of my system and messing up my installation.

Any new info regarding this? I really need to get this issue resolved.

Thanks Bro!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back