nVidia GeForce 7600GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I recently installed OS X 10.9.1 and since then I have this problem. (Might not be related to the update itself, but I was running Mavericks for some time now and never had any problems with this.)

The thing is: After using Mavericks for some time it randomly freezes my mouse + keyboard. The system itself however doesn't freeze, I can still listen to music, file operations are not stopped, etc. But I can't move my mouse or use the keyboard, even if I plug them out and plug them in again. They become completely unresponsible and on my keyboard the "F(unction)"-LED starts to flicker. Both devices are wired Logitech USB devices.

The crashes randomly happen after some time, sometimes its 5 min, sometimes a few hours, and there are also no entries in "System protocol" when I open the "Konsole".

Anyone has help for me? I searched a LOT but could not find a solution, only some "official" Bugs in ML and things like that.

P.S.: I am on a fresh install right now. I already tried reinstalling OS X, but now I have this problem right from the start.

BUMP!

Same here, just with mouse, with the logitech wireless K750 keyboard is working ok, the mouse works a couple of minutes and stop working a couple of minutes without doing nothing special, if I unplug the mouse and plug it again it works for a little while and again. The mouse remains powered all the time, working or not.

Someone? for me it started today, one week away from home and the computer without use, this keyboard is new but I used it a couple of days without mouse problem, the mouse was working ok till today, the mobo is a GA Z87X UD4H.

EDIT: Solved after installing USB3.0 universal in multibeast and reboot, problems again next day... system freeze when hard drive connected, deleted genericUSBXHCI.kext and run kext beast without replacing with anything, reboot and didn't freeze again but mouse problems again, reboot again and seems to work all fine, but who knows... It's driving me crazy.

EDIT 2: still having mouse problems, seems to be less (or I'm getting used to it, with the keyboard mouse) I thought the problem might be the mouse because I have a random click in my leopard macBook and still here sometimes but tried another mouse and still the same. I was thinking in buy a new mouse, but if it isn't a solution, why to do that?

JS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back