Asus Z270E
CPU
Intel i7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello,

I just successfully built a Custom Mac. The installation was great no real issues. I may create a build post for anyone thinking of building the same system

I'm having issues with random freezing. It happens everyday perhaps 1 - 2 times. I'm running two monitors and I haven't isolated on whether this happens on single or dual screen or both. The screen would freeze but my mouse would still work and if I have audio I can still hear music.

Hardware:
Ausus z270e

i7700K

MSI 1060 GTX

What system definition are you using?

Hello,

I'm using definition Mac14,2. I also noticed it happens more on certain programs.

Thanks,
Walter

Try to use 18,3
Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-16 um 16.04.56.png

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-16 um 16.04.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-16 um 16.04.56.png
    56 KB · Views: 96
Thanks I will try that. Are you currently using this definition?

Where do you see this definition? I don't see it as an option in Multibeast.

You can do that with Clover Configurator. Open Clover Configurator - Mount EFI - open your config.plist

1. Go to the tab SMBIOS
2. Click on the magic wand on the right
3. Click on the iMac picture
4. Select iMac 18,3 at the dropdown menu

I had the same problem with 14,2. Some programs let my hackintosh freeze(mostly safari), after switching to 18,3 no more problems.

You can do that with Clover Configurator. Open Clover Configurator - Mount EFI - open your config.plist

1. Go to the tab SMBIOS
2. Click on the magic wand on the right
3. Click on the iMac picture
4. Select iMac 18,3 at the dropdown menu

I had the same problem with 14,2. Some programs let my hackintosh freeze(mostly safari), after switching to 18,3 no more problems.

Thank you dnlx. Yes I did this through Clover Configurator. Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes. I appreciate your feedback

Changed it to the new profile iMac 18,3. It's not as frequent, but I still get the random freezing.

I think your graphics card has a problem, and you might want to return it for another.

I'm using a Gigabyte GTX 1060 with dual monitors in my Gene system which is a Skylake system, and it has not exhibited any freezing. Of course, it, along with the other GTX 1060s, have the wake up from sleep problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back