GTX 770oc
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi everyone,
wish i had my old thread to reference, but it seems to be gone now.

basically...a year ago, i built my 3rd hackintosh. was getting deadbeef error, but finally got it working. now in the last week, it has started randomly freezing. it boots up like normal, then after a few minutes it will just freeze, even if the computer was idle.

Board: gigabyte z87x-ud3h
Processor: Intel 4790K
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 4x8gb
Graphics Card(s): nVidia GTX 770oc 4gb

at first i thought it was the Wacom drivers i used, since they started corrupting or not loading on boot. so i uninstalled them and thought that fixed it. but the freezing started happening again.

i'm at a bit of a loss, since i've never had problems like this on an OSX86 machine after i get it running. (usually all the problems are pre-install-everything-works!)

this is my main work machine, so i'd really like to get it working without having to wipe. but, i have backed everything up in case i need to. also, a few months ago i tried downgrading to Mavericks via another hdd, but that never worked, so i understand the potential precarious nature of a fresh install...

is it just a matter of reinstalling drivers, or something like that?
any help would be appreciated

thank you!
GG

absolutely no way to tell. you probably want to either fresh install on another drive or do some hardware diagnostics (yes hardware problem IS possible).

I had freeze at the very beginning (needed some drivers...) and get it back a few time ago but Onyx clean it and everything gone back as good as usual :)

now I experiment kernel panic at starting .... sometimes but not everytime. Fresh install is coming I guess.

thanks for the replies, you two!

1. @amylo what kind of hardware diagnostic can i do?

2. @lamwat are you saying running Onyx fixed your freezing problems?

i had these two problems, wondering if they are related?
a) plugging in USB device would sometimes freeze system, but this went away for the most part, and replaced with this problem...
b) system would restart after shutting down. (so i would just hard-boot it down)

did i post in the right forum, or is there a better place to put this question?

thanks for the replies, you two!

1. @amylo what kind of hardware diagnostic can i do?

2. @lamwat are you saying running Onyx fixed your freezing problems?

i had these two problems, wondering if they are related?
a) plugging in USB device would sometimes freeze system, but this went away for the most part, and replaced with this problem...
b) system would restart after shutting down. (so i would just hard-boot it down)

did i post in the right forum, or is there a better place to put this question?

if things go away after reinstall OSX then it's software problem.

otherwise, potential hardware (or just configuration error, but since you said everything was running great, i assume not, unless you missed some config parameters).

try install nvidia web driver (i don't think it would hurt in any case).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back