Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I built a dual boot rig in about April and ever since then, when using Mac OSX, the computer will randomly freeze (Windows is 100% rock solid). No matter what I'm doing, what's running, or if I'm not doing anything at all, it will inevitably freeze. Whether it's 10 seconds after boot or 6 hours into a project, it just grinds to a halt, doesn't keep playing audio or anything, just a full freeze.

I found some 'fixes' claiming you just have to change what kind of Mac your Hackintosh thinks it is which I did but to no avail.

I'm using my Hackintosh for audio software so constant freezes and reboots aren't really an option. I've had 6 months of it and I'm finally fed up. Please please please someone have a solution to this problem. My full specs are below:

Gigabyte S11150 ATX GA-Z97X-UD5H Motherboard
Intel S1150 Core i7 4790K 4.00Ghz Quad Core CPU
DDR3 8GB Crucial 1600MHz Ram X 4 (32Gb total)
Gigabyte GTX760 2GB PCIe Graphics Card
4 Port FireWire 800/400 PCIe Sunix Controller Card
Corsair RM-650 ATX PSU 80 Plus gold full modular
2TB WD Black caviar Data drive
250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD Boot drive
Samsung SATA DVD RW Drive
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless PCIe card

Hoping to hear from someone with news that all is not lost :)

Are you using Multibeast? I was having the same issues on my setup which is a 4790k on GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK. I installed Clover over Multibeast and it has been rock solid. Well worth the couple of hours to get it working.

I was having the same sort of issue. I increased the DRAM voltage from 1.5v to 1.6v in the BIOS and that seems to have fixed the freezing issue. Where I would usually experience a freeze every few hours or so, it's run rock solid for the past 24 hours.

K

I was running multibeast yeah.

Am now running on clover as per your advice and so far so good. You are the hero I needed. :clap:

Thanks a million. Will update in a while whether it's stable or not. Fingers crossed :)

I was running multibeast yeah.

Am now running on clover as per your advice and so far so good. You are the hero I needed. :clap:

Thanks a million. Will update in a while whether it's stable or not. Fingers crossed :)

Hello drfl3tch
Could you confirm that you resolved your random freezes problem with clover?
Thanks

Can confirm that Clover was my saving grace.

Wasn't without a bit of working around to get it working, had to disable pretty much everything it uses to fix/replace drivers, but only because I needed a running system ASAP. Runs 100% stable but I just don't have system audio (and presumably some other stuff) but since I use an audio interface anyway that doesn't matter to me. Couldn't figure out how to get the windows dual boot through clover (although to be honest I didn't really put in much effort at all) so I just boot from that disk via BIOS when need be, so no dramas there. Maybe one day I'll look into fixing those small flaws but honestly I'm pretty content with just having a solid system.

Big thanks to you guys for putting me onto Clover. I am not worthy.

Cheers! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back