Contribute
Register

Random Freezes When Plugging Charger Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be able to see what code is executed by seeing a verbose boot log or do i have to patch DSDT and use ACPIDebug.kext?

I would just patch all such access to those registers.
See battery guide for details.

See battery guide for details.
Okay. So I went through the battery patches on MaciASL and I noticed that the [bat]MSI CX61 has the same multibyte EC registers with the same value that needs to be replaced. I will not use this patch at this moment just because I want to learn it from scratch, but whenever I build a battery patch, can I just upload the file to the repository?

Your DSDT has RMDT debugging code present. This is for debugging only, must be removed after you're done getting logs.
Alright. For some reason it did not remove the first time. But now it did.

apfs.efi should not be in drivers64UEFI, as that is what ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi is for.
Okay, removed APFS.efi.

Why is HS11 marked UsbConnector=255 (internal), but nothing is attached to that port?
Changed the HS11 port into usb2 port (aka 0).

You have unpatched multibyte EC registers (TD38,TD3A/etc). Not sure if that code is being executed, but if it is it will cause ACPI abort. Best to patch them.
I patched all the multibyte EC registers. There was one EC byte of 264 but when I followed the guide, it gave no errors. I assigned it as SMDY rather than leaving it SMD0 because SMD0 is accessed in other places, but I received no errors when I change it to SMDY. Anyways, I still get the freeze problem still. :(

Attachments

• debug_15810.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back