GeForce GTX 750Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I recently built my first CustoMac, being also the first PC I ever built it was quite a big project for me. After finally getting the installation working and being at the point I could call my system quite stable, I'm left with one major issue.
My CustoMac will freeze randomly (quite rarely, but its annoying all the same), I have been unable to find out what exactly triggers it. Based on my hardware (listed below), could anyone give me an advice as to what might be the problem and/or how to fix this.

My build:
  • GA-Z97M-D3H
  • Geforce GTX 750Ti
  • i5-4690K
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb (Mac OS X)
  • Samsung 850 EVO 120 Gb (Windows)
  • Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Tactical 8Gb (2x)

Other info:
  • Bootflags: kext-dev-mode=1, nvda_drv=1
  • I have the Nvidia web driver installed for my graphics card
  • I'm running OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Things I have tried thusfar:

The first 3 didn't change anything, currently testing with only 2.0 USB, but any other tips are welcome!!

My CustoMac will freeze randomly (quite rarely, but its annoying all the same), I have been unable to find out what exactly triggers it, but judging from what I read online it's probably got something to do with my SMBios.plist. By default my system definition was on MacPro3,1, however with this I was having random freezes as well as. So I changed it to both iMac14,1 and iMac14,2 thinking those were the closest to my build, to my suprise this actually increased the freezing by a lot (giving about 5 minutes of up time before a freeze). Based on my hardware (listed below), could anyone give me an advice as to what might be the problem and/or how to fix this.

Ensure that you are using the RAM/RAMs which are approved by the motherboard manufacturer.
Set XMP Profile 1 on BIOS
Set Memory mode to More Stability on BIOS
Then boot without caches and check whether freeze happening or not.

my audio would disappear after sleep (not a big problem for me, to be honest)

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/151504-no-audio-after-sleep-wake-realtek-alc-applehda-fixes.html

Thank you for your reply.

• I checked and I think the RAM should be compatible with the motherboard (also, both came from a build in the buyer's guide on this site).
  • The XMP Profile was already set to 1 (I think I had to do this during the installation of OS X)
  • I'm not entirely sure what you mean by memory mode, I have tried looking for it and only found Memory boot mode and Memory timing mode (neither of which I touched since I wasn't sure and don't want to break anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back