Contribute
Register

Random Freezes/Kernel Panics -Guessing it's the Graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thireus said:
Read my topic regarding Fermi cards and OpenGL/OpenCL benches, and you will know what to do about freezes and KP issues.
Could you post a link to this topic? Thanks.

Oddly enough I haven't been having any issues for the past week. The only change that I can remember making is adding these lines to com.apple.Boot.plist via Multibeast 3.8.0

<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

I don't see why any of them would really be relevant to any of the reasons I suspect are causing the crashes, but if it works... I'm not going to argue. :D

Hey Cowgurt, Howl long have you been running your system for now?! The freezes are really getting into sometimes.. I get it once a day but still dislike it! lol

My system has been without crashes for over two weeks now. Granted I've been restarting here and there (maybe a few times every other day) for updates and random tests, but I haven't had any freezes. I've been watching tons of videos on youtube (most 720p some 1080p), playing minecraft, and surfing the web for about 6+ hour periods each night. Idk if it makes a difference (since I don't know what they do) but I have CUDA drivers installed. I'm running running Lion now btw. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back