Contribute
Register

Random freezes in Hackintosh Catalina 10.15.1 Z390 ud & i9-9900K & Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB & Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB*2 3000Mhz CL15

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion of 2666 was because that is the stock speed of most memory in most new Macs.

I suggested 2133MHz because a lot of the high speed RAM that's sold is actually just overclocked Samsung 2133MHz RAM.

I suggested 2133MHz because a lot of the high speed RAM that's sold is actually just overclocked Samsung 2133MHz RAM.
i had random crashes too, this post saved my life, @2133 my mobo boots with warning, but 2666 seems ok so far, thanks!

using XMP on mine with Memory @ 3000Mhz, so far no issues, BIOS settings are very important on these hacks.

i had random crashes too, this post saved my life, @2133 my mobo boots with warning, but 2666 seems ok so far, thanks!

changed mobo to Gigabyte Z390 UD, everything ok so far, maybe ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING is not the best choice with Kingston HyperX black rams.

changed mobo to Gigabyte Z390 UD, everything ok so far, maybe ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING is not the best choice with Kingston HyperX black rams.

Not a Kingston fan any longer they used to be good but they kind of fell off at some point.

You can try changing your SM to iMac Pro 1,1 and adding this kext to your efi you might also need to update to 10.15.2

Hey @scottkendall, would this kext fix work for Mojave 14.6? I feel like this would be useful for me because I have been toying with running headless vs disabled iGPU with FCPX and I haven't found the sweet spot yet. I am having similar freezes, but the only time I am experiencing them is during FCPX imports....

Hey @scottkendall, would this kext fix work for Mojave 14.6? I feel like this would be useful for me because I have been toying with running headless vs disabled iGPU with FCPX and I haven't found the sweet spot yet. I am having similar freezes, but the only time I am experiencing them is during FCPX imports....

No you have a Radeon VII the kext is for RX 560, 570, 580. The kext is not needed for Vega/Radeon VII cards. Changing to Mac Pro 1,1 SM however, could solve your issues. You could also check in with the Golden Build for your board and see if there are solutions to your plight.

I've installed Hackintosh Catalina 10.15.1 and i face random freezes about after 2 to 4 hours.
I've used Attached clover (EFI)

Do you have Windows installed on the machine as well? If yes, have you experienced similar issues?
On my side I have been experiencing similar issues with Gigabyte M Gaming MB but on both macOS Catalina and Windows 10. I have modified BIOS to not use Profile 1 with 3200MHz memory frequency (i.e. to use 2133MHz) and I'll see if that solves it.

If you have nailed down the cause meanwhile, it would be appreciated if you can share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back