Contribute
Register

Random freezes in Hackintosh Catalina 10.15.1 Z390 ud & i9-9900K & Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB & Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB*2 3000Mhz CL15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also used the following Clover:
Clover

And updated Clover to v2.5k-5100 and Catalina to 10.15.2

but the problem still exists

Hi Thanks you for your help
Mds_stores cpu usage when freeze: 0.0
Cpu Idle when freeze: 99.11%
Yes, clock Mulitiplyer is set to 30.00

You can try changing your SM to iMac Pro 1,1 and adding this kext to your efi you might also need to update to 10.15.2

Attachments

• dummy152.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 94
As far as I can tell the dummy kext is merging into ACPI with HEVC properties for AMD GPUs. Do you believe this freeze problem is graphics card related?

It's hard to be able to pin-point a crash/freeze at the 3-hour stage. That would normally be suggesting a memory-leak in software or a virtual-disk paging problem. Unlikely to be an overheating problem that takes so long to take effect.

I'd be interested to learn more. A freeze so far into a session ...

There are no outstanding problems with your components. How did you install macOS on this PC ?

As far as I can tell the dummy kext is merging into ACPI with HEVC properties for AMD GPUs. Do you believe this freeze problem is graphics card related?

It's hard to be able to pin-point a crash/freeze at the 3-hour stage. That would normally be suggesting a memory-leak in software or a virtual-disk paging problem. Unlikely to be an overheating problem that takes so long to take effect.

I'd be interested to learn more. A freeze so far into a session ...

There are no outstanding problems with your components. How did you install macOS on this PC ?

You are correct with the kext, it forces HVEC to work without IGPU. My system would freeze after a few days in the end disabling XMP fixed the issue. However, in my trouble shooting I came across that in some cases with RX580 it was a video driver causing the issue because it was trying to use IGPU and it was crashing. The solution was a kext and disabling the IGPU.

At this point I am at a loss for helping as I have provided all that I have experience with on crashing system. Maybe a Bios update could fix the issue.

You are correct with the kext, it forces HVEC to work without IGPU. My system would freeze after a few days in the end disabling XMP fixed the issue. However, in my trouble shooting I came across that in some cases with RX580 it was a video driver causing the issue because it was trying to use IGPU and it was crashing. The solution was a kext and disabling the IGPU.

At this point I am at a loss for helping as I have provided all that I have experience with on crashing system. Maybe a Bios update could fix the issue.

Thanks for that. Good points :thumbup:

thanks for helping.
I've tried many things, different clovers, different settings and different kext.
even i've updated bios to latest version
i put system in idle and didn't use it but again this freeze happened

thanks for helping. I've tried many things, different clovers, different settings and different kext. even i've updated bios to latest version i put system in idle and didn't use it but again this freeze happened

This is my thread from a year or so ago, maybe you will find something in it:

After my own experiences with my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, I'm still leaning towards RAM as being the cause...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back