Contribute
Register

Random freezes in Hackintosh Catalina 10.15.1 Z390 ud & i9-9900K & Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB & Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB*2 3000Mhz CL15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've installed Hackintosh Catalina 10.15.1 and i face random freezes about after 2 to 4 hours.
I've used Attached clover (EFI)

Here are me specs:
CPU: i9-9900K
Md: Gigabyte Z390 UD
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB*2 3000Mhz CL15
GPU: I̶n̶t̶e̶l̶®̶ ̶U̶H̶D̶ ̶G̶r̶a̶p̶h̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶6̶3̶0̶
New GPU : Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

system.log:
photo_2019-11-26_20-55-03.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Your specs needs to be in your signature for starters to make it easier to help with your query - 'Your ACPI -> Patched Folder' contains a lot of unnecessary and incorrect patches. I suggest you search around the Forum for a member/members with similar specs and seek their help, or remove the patches you have in the folder and let Clover auto patch - Try on a test usb drive.

Hi, thank all for response

Try disabling XMP to see if the system runs more stably.

XMP is disabled and not working

Your specs needs to be in your signature for starters to make it easier to help with your query - 'Your ACPI -> Patched Folder' contains a lot of unnecessary and incorrect patches. I suggest you search around the Forum for a member/members with similar specs and seek their help, or remove the patches you have in the folder and let Clover auto patch - Try on a test usb drive.

Thank you for your help.
I've updated my signature
I removed the patches but I'm face freeze after 30 minutes.

new system.log:
freeze.png

After system is frozen i restart and i face a static noise black white screen instead of motherboard boot screen!
To fix this, I have to shut down the computer, I've captured this and attached the video file.

Attachments

• boot video.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Hi
I changed the AppleALC layout-id of the Audio Controller and the problem is resolved.
Gigabyte Z390 UD audio chip is ALC887
Changed 10000000 to 01000000 and it's working.

Hi
Problem solved for a week but it's back now :(
Can you help me?

edit:
Attached the clover boot logs

Attachments

• boot.txt
    30.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I bought Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics, but the problem still exists

I bought Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics, but the problem still exists

Check your Activity monitor see if your MDstores is using a lot of CPU... if it is this could be the cause. There are instructions on the internet to resolve this. Since you are not using XMP and I advise you should not, did you manually input the speed of the memory? Meaning the clock Mulitiplyer is set to 30.00?

Check your Activity monitor see if your MDstores is using a lot of CPU... if it is this could be the cause. There are instructions on the internet to resolve this. Since you are not using XMP and I advise you should not, did you manually input the speed of the memory? Meaning the clock Mulitiplyer is set to 30.00?
Hi Thanks you for your help
Mds_stores cpu usage when freeze: 0.0
Cpu Idle when freeze: 99.11%
Yes, clock Mulitiplyer is set to 30.00

new system.log:
IMG_20191213_202715_132.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back