Contribute
Register

Random freeze - OS 10.12.6, latest Nvdia web driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H270-D3H
CPU
i5 - 6500
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. iMac
I built a new macintosh and have set up everything. I primarily use Photoshop in this machine. Lately, I've been facing random freezes while working.

Just before freezing, RGB pixels appear momentarily (sometimes just white pixels) and then everything gets stuck. Only way is to to a hard reset. Sometimes the mouse alone works but mostly, everything just hangs. I also get a white screen sometimes. All this after running stably for sometime.

I've been struggling to isolate the cause of this problem. Is it something hardware related? I also did fresh install multiple times and this problem never goes away.

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this problem? i have the exact same problem.

Specs:
Mac: 10.12.6
Processor: intel i7-7700k
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270
Graphics-card: 2 - nvidia 1060GTX (the latest nvidia web drivers for 10.12)
32GB ram

Problem:
Not exactly sure when the problem occurs: most of the time i have a few windows open: a python script that is doing deep learning experiments, safari, pycharm and mail.

While i was typing a reply to an e-mail, the screen hangs while the music keeps playing and the mouse is still able to move. The only solution is a hard restart.

While running i was monitoring the CPU load, mem, CPU-temp, graphics-card load. However these where not within worrying range: cpu load ~ 50 %, cpu-temp 60 degree's, 20 of the 32 GB mem used, 1 gpu used for deep learning had 15% memory left (no screen attached), the other one (used for the monitor) had 32% mem left.

Does anybody has a solution or direction where to look? The computer hanged two times within one hour :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back