Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B75M-D3H
CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
GTX 960
Random Freeze will happen while using safari as a browser that being said after watching a number of youtube videos and reading forums, this apparently is a common issue with El Capitan between 10.11.2 and 10.11.4. I've had this machine for almost a year this month running El Capitan with NO issues using Sandy bridge CPU.

That being said I do not know why all of a sudden I'm having these random freezing issues.

I completely removed Nvidia CUDA and uninstalled Nvidia web drives followed by a role back in drivers from nvidia. I even switched from safari to chrome as a test.

I've disabled google drive sync and dropbox too.
I've enabled web gl on safari but scared to launch it and use like i have.
And just to take it a step further I even disabled bluetooth.

Has anyone else been experiencing these issues, Random Freeze while surfing net while using safari, watching youtube videos, or even playing pandora?

****Links to a youtube video that helped with troubleshoot and other freezing issue articles can be found below.****

If anyone has found a way to fix/correct this issue please respond.

Thanks.

http://osxdaily.com/2016/05/19/workaround-freezing-mac-osx-10-11-5-10-11-4/
https://macpaw.com/how-to/most-common-el-capitan-issues

Last edited:
POST UPDATE:

I am starting to think that the real issue is with the safari browser, however me being a noob i'm probably wrong. I put my machine through another "stress test" by streaming 6 HD videos on youtube on 3 separate monitors all at the same time using Chrome. normally at this point the machine would have crashed by now...

I know some developers on this forum wont think of HD videos as a stress test and i honestly say i dont blame them for thinking that. If i had license keys for my dev software for mac other then PC ( after effects, photoshop, Autodesk Maya, and premier just to name a few) i would be putting this machine through intense rendering test. But since i dont i have to rely on everyday use ( the average consumer) test like streaming as a way to test.

So in conclusion as i mentioned in the previous post IF you are experiencing similar Freezing issues with El Capitan and you have found a work around other then using chrome please share.

Thanks.

Everything seems to be stable by switching to google chrome its just a shame that safari isn't working do to this software glitch.
I've enabled Bluetooth to re-enable hand off everything seems to be working. will keep you all update.

As mentioned before if you encountered this issue and know how to correct / fix this problem please post.

thanks.

UPDATE: problem still there I've even changed the system definition from mac pro 3,1 to 14,2 had a few bugs as of this moment i dont know if issue is still there have done a stress yet I'll keep you posted.

FYI after system definition change system power cycled restarted on its own everything seemed fine after words, but after another reboot a day or so later stuff started getting weird. but everything still works, just need to stress test.

Random Freeze will happen while using safari as a browser that being said after watching a number of youtube videos and reading forums, this apparently is a common issue with El Capitan between 10.11.2 and 10.11.4. I've had this machine for almost a year this month running El Capitan with NO issues using Sandy bridge CPU.

That being said I do not know why all of a sudden I'm having these random freezing issues.

I completely removed Nvidia CUDA and uninstalled Nvidia web drives followed by a role back in drivers from nvidia. I even switched from safari to chrome as a test.

I've disabled google drive sync and dropbox too.
I've enabled web gl on safari but scared to launch it and use like i have.
And just to take it a step further I even disabled bluetooth.

Has anyone else been experiencing these issues, Random Freeze while surfing net while using safari, watching youtube videos, or even playing pandora?

****Links to a youtube video that helped with troubleshoot and other freezing issue articles can be found below.****

If anyone has found a way to fix/correct this issue please respond.

Thanks.

http://osxdaily.com/2016/05/19/workaround-freezing-mac-osx-10-11-5-10-11-4/
https://macpaw.com/how-to/most-common-el-capitan-issues

Freezes can be caused by anything. Instead of using iMac 14,2 use iMac 13,2. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back