Contribute
Register

Random Freeze issue .... 97 Chipset and Yosemite ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA X58 A UD7 REV 2.0
CPU
CORE I7 NEHALEM 930
Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dear Guys ,

I have been seeing lately that a lot of users are complaining about the System Random Freeze issue in Yosemite when installing with the Tony Mac (Unibeast /Multibeast) method . According to a lot of users , the freeze issue is getting solved by installing with Clover .
Should you guys not do something about this ASAP .... I too am facing the same freeze issues .
Till 10.9.5 everything was perfect .... but since 10.9.X has no support of the NVIDIA 900 series , Yosemite is inevitable. The Random freeze is usually "more" prevalent and consitent when USB devices are connected .... So please help .... This is why I am posting this message .

Since we're not telepathic, please list your "97 chipset" components (make/model #) so you help us help you. :thumbup:

ALL Running Yosemite

System 1 : Asus Z97 Sabretooth , Asus Strix GTX 970 - 4 GB GDDR5 , 2 X 8GB Kingston Hyper X Memory DDR 3 1600 Mhz
System 2 : Gigabyte H97 D3H , Asus GT 740 2 GB GDDR5 , 2 X 8GB Kingston Hyper X Memory DDR 3 1600 Mhz
System 3 : Gigabyte H 97 N WIFI , Asus GT 740 2 GB GDDR5 , 2 X 8GB Corsair Vengeance Memory DDR 3 1600 Mhz

Hope this clarifies the Tech Specs you require ... Please enlighten into what could be the reason ... Till Mavericks 10.9.5 all was smooth , but the Nvidia 9XX Cards need Yosemite so ............

HELP !!!

I had random freezes on Yosemite until I installed the Nvidia Web Drivers for my 650 TI video card.

-freezes in both 10.10.4 and 10.10.5 until using Web drivers
-my smbios is imac 13.1 and changing it did not help me
-I have a DSDT
-I change/tried several options with no help
-I am using chameleon bootloader v2716

I do not know if this will help, (You are using the Nvidia web drivers for your systems
and have the necessary boot flags?)

Dear Stork ,

Waiting for you to chime in .... and for your invaluable suggestion on this ...

Dear Stork ,

Since you are not telepathic , I have sent you the System Details .... Waiting for you valuable suggestions .... :) ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back