Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My 10.9.0 intallation kept restarting when I shutdown, so I updated to 10.9.4. The system kept freezing then before I could do a mutibeast install of drivers. So, I disabled onboard GFX & sound. That let me boot and update multibeast. I reenabled GFX & sound, It was stuch at "system upgtime" and wouldn't boot. I disabled GFX (My main GPU is a 650 Ti anyways), it boioted. A while later I got some more freezes, I dissabled onboard sound (I use a USB iMic card anyway). The system seemed stable for a while, but now I am getting freezes when using Firefox

PS-- I have-
Avast antivirus
Paragon NTFS & EXT

I turned off all the onboard sata except my 2 boot drives, and changed PCIe from auto to 4x. We'll see if that makes a difference

EDIT: froze when opening new finder window shortly after posting; I removed the bluetooth adapter now

Do you use more than 2 memory sticks (Dims) in that build ?

there's a known issue with gigabyte boards.

remain with up to 2 sticks and the freezing should stop.

And about the restarts when shutting down ..
Go to system settings >>> Energy Saver >>> and see "start up automatically after a power failure"
if it's checked .. uncheck it .. and visa versa .. (I forgot which way :) )
(had it in a previous build - solved it.)

Hope this helps

G'luck!

BoSQRfC.png

Thx, I fixed the shutdown/restart thing; removin the bluetooth adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GFX0PY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=xunjiacom0e-20 seems to have maybe fixed the freezes

Oddly. I have the same problem with the IOGEAR GBU521 as well. It keeps giving random freezes. Never had an issue with previous BT.

The previous BT dongle from Belkin worked fine till it died after more than three years of hard work with my hackintosh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back