Contribute
Register

Random and daily freezes on my Radeon VII setup with Mojave - com.apple.DumpGPURestart error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having a similar problem. Except I’m using a Sapphire rx 570 pulse. And these freezes are NEW. I’ve had an extremely stable build for almost 6 months and suddenly... freezes.

I notice that it only happens when I do something that is graphically labor heavy.

Watching Youtube, VLC player, even using the simulator in Xcode. Zoom conferences seem to be fine until I share my screen. Then it’s just a matter of time before it freezes.

This leads me to believe that it’s something with my graphics settings somewhere.but I can’t figure out what is going on

I have zero problems with this build on Windows10 and/or Ubuntu... so I know it’s not the hardware.

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

I'm kind of a in the same boat. I get random crashes/reboots ever since I installed RX 5700... Can't figure out what's causing it. Tried XMP on/off, tried clean install, a lot of other stuff, but to no avail :(

I was having the exact same problem. Seemingly random freezing and the only way to fix it was to force reboot by holding the power switch. Turning off Turbo Boost in my Bios seems to have helped. Before, my system would reliably crash when I tried to compress a large video using Handbrake. Now I've been able to do it several times with no problems, but when I turn Turbo Boost back on, it freezes again. I'm okay sacrificing a little speed for system stability. I haven't had a crash yet, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back