Contribute
Register

Random and daily freezes on my Radeon VII setup with Mojave - com.apple.DumpGPURestart error

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Oh and I don’t know if this is a hint to the problem BUT:

If I’m watching a video, it continues uninterrupted. No glitches or artifacts it keeps playing no problem. I just can’t move the mouse, use the keyboard and the sound goes out.

I AM using an external audio interface and so, It makes me wonder if just the USB’s are being disconnected. But that’s just a guess from having no idea why this is happening.
Weird :(
Have you tried without using this audio interface?

Motherboard
Asus Maximus Hero XI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Finally figured out the stability issues with XMP enabled. Enabling XMP raises CPU VCCIO and System Agent SA voltages, making my system crash at random. I landed on setting both to 1.1V, and my system has been stable since, using XMP1 at 3200Mhz :thumbup:

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z390-A
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hey fellas, I just upgraded to the Radeon VII and I'm having the same exact issues. My mouse lags then freezes. Last time it did that, I turned off the monitor and didn't freeze (I'll try if it happens again, I'm not sure if that trick always works).
I'm using 19,1 SMBIOS but I seen people are using 1.1. Should I switch? If so, why?
Thanks!

Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX B360-I Gaming
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
iOS
I’m having a similar problem. Except I’m using a Sapphire rx 570 pulse. And these freezes are NEW. I’ve had an extremely stable build for almost 6 months and suddenly... freezes.

I notice that it only happens when I do something that is graphically labor heavy.

Watching Youtube, VLC player, even using the simulator in Xcode. Zoom conferences seem to be fine until I share my screen. Then it’s just a matter of time before it freezes.

This leads me to believe that it’s something with my graphics settings somewhere.but I can’t figure out what is going on

I have zero problems with this build on Windows10 and/or Ubuntu... so I know it’s not the hardware.

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.
I'm kind of a in the same boat. I get random crashes/reboots ever since I installed RX 5700... Can't figure out what's causing it. Tried XMP on/off, tried clean install, a lot of other stuff, but to no avail :(

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm kind of a in the same boat. I get random crashes/reboots ever since I installed RX 5700... Can't figure out what's causing it. Tried XMP on/off, tried clean install, a lot of other stuff, but to no avail :(
[/QUOTE

]I cant say that I "fixed" it but it has stopped. And it stopped when I switch usb ports for my external audio interface. Try changing around what is plugged in where in your usb's. I hope that this helps you.