Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I'm quite confused with this, I'm running my Gigabyte Z77 UP5 TH Hackintosh with 4x8GB corsair RAM sticks installed, but two of them run at 1333 Mhz instead of 1600 Mhz, as you can see on attached picture.

Capture d’écran 2017-01-14 à 16.13.40.png

They're all basically all the the same sticks, although I bought em separately.

First I was running two CML8GX3M1A1600C10 which are currently running on Bank 0 and Bank 1 at 1600 Mhz.

Then I add a pair of two CML16GX3M2A1600C10 (exactly the same sticks, sold as a dual kit instead of single sticks) which are currently running on Bank 2 and Bank 3 at 1333 Mhz.

I changed Bios Memory setting to XMP Profile 1, manually selected 1600 Mhz, it doesn't change anything.

unnamed.jpg

I'm running Bios F12

Can anybody help me with this?

First you need to troubleshoot your new RAM if you have not done so. Replace your old RAM in the same two slots and see if your system reports the correct amount of RAM at the correct speed.
If you dual boot load all four slots and see if the other OS, Windows or Linux (you can use a live distortion) reports the correct RAM and speed.
RAM can be defective and since the beginning of time not all motherboards can run with all the RAM slots filled--RMA or live with it.
If the RAM is not defective reboot and see if the system reports the correct speed and amount of RAM. If that works, and there are lots of posts about this issue and proffered solutions you can research them all or simply update clover to the latest version and see if that solves the problem.
Obviously one should have a back up before making major system changes.

Hi everyone,

I'm quite confused with this, I'm running my Gigabyte Z77 UP5 TH Hackintosh with 4x8GB corsair RAM sticks installed, but two of them run at 1333 Mhz instead of 1600 Mhz, as you can see on attached picture.

View attachment 230330

They're all basically all the the same sticks, although I bought em separately.

First I was running two CML8GX3M1A1600C10 which are currently running on Bank 0 and Bank 1 at 1600 Mhz.

Then I add a pair of two CML16GX3M2A1600C10 (exactly the same sticks, sold as a dual kit instead of single sticks) which are currently running on Bank 2 and Bank 3 at 1333 Mhz.

I changed Bios Memory setting to XMP Profile 1, manually selected 1600 Mhz, it doesn't change anything.

View attachment 230332

I'm running Bios F12

Can anybody help me with this?

Most likely because XMP Detection isn't set to Yes/True. Attach config.

First you need to troubleshoot your new RAM if you have not done so. Replace your old RAM in the same two slots and see if your system reports the correct amount of RAM at the correct speed.
If you dual boot load all four slots and see if the other OS, Windows or Linux (you can use a live distortion) reports the correct RAM and speed.
RAM can be defective and since the beginning of time not all motherboards can run with all the RAM slots filled--RMA or live with it.
If the RAM is not defective reboot and see if the system reports the correct speed and amount of RAM. If that works, and there are lots of posts about this issue and proffered solutions you can research them all or simply update clover to the latest version and see if that solves the problem.
Obviously one should have a back up before making major system changes.

Windows shows the same amount of RAM/speed than OSX: 1333 for two of them and 1600 for the two others. I don't have clover, I think I'm running Chimera.

Most likely because XMP Detection isn't set to Yes/True. Attach config.

What do you mean 'XMP Detection isn't set to Yes/True.'? How/where can I set it to yes/true?

Last edited:
Windows shows the same amount of RAM/speed than OSX: 1333 for two of them and 1600 for the two others. I don't have clover, I think I'm running Chimera.

What do you mean 'XMP Detection isn't set to Yes/True.'? How/where can I set it to yes/true?

Attach your config.

Hi Hawaga. I'm sure you've worked this out by now, but VioletDragon meant for you to attach your config.plist file (in your EFI/Clover folder. (you have to first mount your EFI folder using EFI Mounter or Clover Configurator. :)

Then, drag a copy of your config.plist file to your desktop and then open it (I simply open it in Textedit). Look through the text and find where you can see XMP Detection. You may find it set to 'false'. Change 'false' to 'true'. Save the file (it will often autosave) then drag this copy back into the original folder (make sure you put it back in the Clover folder). It will ask you to replace the previous one - just 'replace'. And voilé! I did this, and all is good! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back