Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[h=1]G.skill Ripjaws X Ddr3 1600 Pc3-12800 8gb 2x4gb[/h]I would like to buy these memories for my new pc

Work fine? or I must buy Crucial Sport.

thank you.

Its not really a matter of OS X; you need to check compatibility with your motherboard. In the manual, there will be a listing of various memory modules which have been tested and verified to be compatible by the manufacturer.

That being said, RAM compatibility is almost guaranteed to work if it has an XMP profile even if it is not specifically tested by the manufacturer. For example, on my UD7-TH, I'm using a G.Skill PC3 19200 32GB kit which was not test by Gigabyte but works just fine anyway with the XMP profile.

The only thing you need to do in Mavericks is make sure XMP detection is activated. I don't know about Chameleon/Chimera, but in Clover EFI this is ridiculously easy and transparent: in confg.plist -> boot, set:

Code:
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<true/>

G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz work great for me, you should be fine with that iBert.

Thank you spmcveigh and seanmcd72.

This memory is not in the compability list but it is in the brand model (similar gskill).

I would like to know if they will be 100% compatible.

I rather buy these than buy a Crucial Sports one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back