i9-10900KF
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello friends.
Some months ago I am in Catalina 10.15 osx, everything flows perfect, I used the "Catalina Vanilla" method and everything is fine, I changed graphics to AMD with a Radeon VII because before I used "Nvidia GTX 980 ti" because since Mojave there is no Drive support update by Nvidia due to disagreements with Apple.

My only problem that has no influence on my performance is that recently updating (less than a month) to a Clover update to have the new Mac Pro 7.1 SMBIOS, with this change of SMBIOS my graphics card flows better, but I have an alert when logging in that the operating system detects that my RAM configuration is not correct.

I have searched several forums and youtube but I can't find a solution until now, if someone has the same problem and has solved it, I ask for your help and if at some point I discover the cure I will update this post.

Greetings.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 1.45.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 1.45.34 AM.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,205
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 1.45.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 1.45.22 AM.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 952
Hello friends.
Some months ago I am in Catalina 10.15 osx, everything flows perfect, I used the "Catalina Vanilla" method and everything is fine, I changed graphics to AMD with a Radeon VII because before I used "Nvidia GTX 980 ti" because since Mojave there is no Drive support update by Nvidia due to disagreements with Apple.

My only problem that has no influence on my performance is that recently updating (less than a month) to a Clover update to have the new Mac Pro 7.1 SMBIOS, with this change of SMBIOS my graphics card flows better, but I have an alert when logging in that the operating system detects that my RAM configuration is not correct.

I have searched several forums and youtube but I can't find a solution until now, if someone has the same problem and has solved it, I ask for your help and if at some point I discover the cure I will update this post.

Greetings.

I had the same issue, so I went back to iMacPro 1.1 definition. Maybe it’s the ddr3 memory as the new MacPro 7.1 should have DDR4?

I had the same issue, so I went back to iMacPro 1.1 definition. Maybe it’s the ddr3 memory as the new MacPro 7.1 should have DDR4?

I don't think memory type is the problem, real MacPro7,1 has 12 DIMMs RAM slots, his system info only shows 4 DIMMs slots

MacPro7,1 has its own memory configuration setting, you cannot randomly fill in the memory slots.

the macOS just don't know how to calculate how many memory is installed, it is memory configuration error

2019-mac-pro-memory-configuration-diagram-slot-channel-dimm.png

I have a similar error, is there a way to solve this?
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 09.37.35.png

no solution until someone discover the logic behind the macOS how to calculate the memory size

You can try play around the memory slots, insert the ram modules into the slots with different combinations, maybe you can find the logic how the macOS determine the memory size

I have a similar error, is there a way to solve this?View attachment 446924

It is interesting that the system overview reported that you have 8 memory slots, all of them installed with 3200 MHz DD4 RAM

what can you see in the system profiler

run the commandline
Code:
system_profiler SPMemoryDataType

It is interesting that the system overview reported that you have 8 memory slots, all of them installed with 3200 MHz DD4 RAM

what can you see in the system profiler

run the commandline
Code:
system_profiler SPMemoryDataType

YES, everything seems to be going correctly, it detects all the memories and they work perfectly in all cases, it is only the trouble of the error message when starting the machine

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.22.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.22.40 AM.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 446
YES, everything seems to be going correctly, it detects all the memories and they work perfectly in all cases, it is only the trouble of the error message when starting the machine
also...
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 22.39.35.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back