Graphics
Nvidia gtx 970 HOF
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Today I was working on logic pro x when my screen froze and I had to reboot by the reset button. The pc didn't boot anymore. I found out that one block of ram was damaged and once I removed it the system returned to work good.
I have a z97 extreme 4, i7 4770k, g. Skill ares 2x4gb 1600mhz xmp.
Do you think Yosemite did damage the ram? Or was it ram own problem?
I used unibeast and multibeast.

Probably not Yosemite. I don't see how the OS. Unless you had it OCed to crazy high numbers, or they got too hot, (for reason stated above). Maybe you weren't using enough either? It could have just been a bad stick. I would return it and get a new set if possible.

I got them stock. I didn't OC, not yet. Probably it was a bad stock as you said. Since I purchased them on amazon there's no problem to change them.
do you know any nice program on mac or windows to check all temperatures of my components?

AIDA64 or CPU-Z are pretty good ones. That's what I use. I just got the trial version, but if you want you can get the full one. I'm pretty sure they're only Windows though.

Thank you very much. New ram just arrived and everything is working fine now. I hope it won't happen again and it was just a bad stock of ram. Thank you for the help my friend, if anyone else has some other information about what happened to me please let me know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back