Contribute
Register

Ralink RT2870 wifi chipset on 10.9 Mavericks ---->SOLVED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say a massive thanks for this... Driving me nuts and it'll probably be another 4 years if that before Ralink support it for Mavericks!!!

Works perfectly on a D-Link DWA-125 Ver 3 (Revision 3) on 10.9.1

also working on macbook pro mid 2009 with OS Mavericks 10.9.2

thx

regards
D-

Works perfectly with D-Link DWA-125
on Mavericks 10.9.3

Thanks a lot, I was looking to solve this problem in few days ..

Not working for the ASUS USB-AC51 on 10.9.2 sadly enough and the by Asus provided driver shows my usb but doesnt connect properly....
Thnx for the try though :)

Thanks, this solved a whole bunch of nasty restart/shutdown issues I had with the ****ty D-link drivers for my DWA-140.

Bear Extender 5.3 software worked for my Ralink RT3070L-chipped, "Blue Proton"-labeled, generically-packaged "High Power 802.11n USB adapter", which stopped working with original Ralink v3.0.0.0 software after upgrade from Snow Leopard to Mavericks. Newer Ralink v4.1.8 also did not find the device.

Bear Extender added an icon to the menu bar. It does nothing until adapter is plugged in then auto-loads the utility, and automatically found network and security protocol so only had to supply wifi password then add to favorites.

Removing the adapter crashed my MacBookPro until I deleted the old Ralink software.

Installed USB adapter and Bear on my new i7-Z87N beastymac and now have a working wifi connection.

Thanks for finding the solution.

I have tplink wn272n with rt3070. and this method is not working for me .

should i have to put rt2870usbdriver.kext in s/l/e or the bearextender works without it ?

OS version : Mavericks 10.9.3 installed using clover

Did anyone get this to work on Yosemite ?

Did anyone get this to work on Yosemite ?
I have the same question. On my Yosemite it starts (as I can see the icon), but the utility window does not show and doesn't connect.
Any success here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back