Contribute
Register

ralink rt2860 and os 10.7.2 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even seem to open the Ralink Wireless Utility... it shows up in the top right by the clock, and clicking "open wireless utility" does absolutely nothing.

Clean install of 10.7.2 with UniBeast... sucks. :(

Yes Ralink website is very slow.

Here you go RTUSB D2870-4.1.8.0 UI-4.0.6.0_2011_10_21.dmg
http://cl.ly/BR9E
10 MB file

ups, sorry guys this is for USB(RT2870/RT2770/RT3X7X/RT537X) not for 2860 chip. :banghead:

I can confirm working perfectly with 4.1.8

Thanks

Are you saying that the USB(RT2870/RT2770/RT3X7X/RT537X) driver version 4.1.8 works for the RT2860 chip?

That would be fantastic.

Nope, mine is a 2870 (ASUS USB-N13). Works freaking great. Driver installed previously but the utility didn't work. It does with the latest update as linked above, connects just fine to open, WEP-encrypted, and WPA-PSK networks. Haven't tested others.

I can confirm that v4.1.8 works with lion 10.7.2. Thanks for the link!

At least you can now connect to your router, but you still cannot create a profile and save it.

So for me at least, every time I have to select my router and type the password.

Still wants to connect to open networks first.

10.7.2 Lion

I downloaded the 4.1.8 ralink driver and had 10.7. Everything seemed fine but then I updated to 10.7.2 and now every time I boot OS X the driver crashes. It seems to launch fine if the Asus N13 usb stick is not plugged in at boot but if it is the driver crashes. The solution I've found is to show the contents of the ralink application and then launch the program through terminal but that seems to be the only. Even then the usb stick has to be unplugged otherwise it crashes. Anybody know why this might be happening to me?

Got 2860 working :)

Heres what I did...

1. Used the previous version of the Wireless Utility

2. Used the latest RT2860WirelessDriver, which is version 1.2.2.0

Thats it!. Now we can save profiles :)

Attachments

• WirelessUtilityCardbusPCI.zip
    303.9 KB · Views: 442
Thanks a lot!

Build my 1st hackintosh tonight and you guys solved my only problem :) with the Asus USB N-13 wifi card & Mac OSX 10.7.2

I d/l the link posted above, installed, and rebooted.

The application in this version actually worked and I was able to "Add" a profile for my wifi network. In the older version I couldn't select any other wifi networks or create a profile. All the buttons were dead. Then, it just kept defaulting an open router in my neighborhood.

After finding this thread and restart the comp my profile was saved and it connected back to the network with no problems!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back