Contribute
Register

Radeon VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you able to get your Radeon VII working okay with the above guide from @Gigamaxx? You have seem to have the same setup as me, so I'm curious as to if I'm doing something wrong here. :)

Can you post your original AMD5000k3ext and 5000HWkext info.plists?
Below is the added device ID in the info.plist.

Were you able to get your Radeon VII working okay with the above guide from @Gigamaxx? You have seem to have the same setup as me, so I'm curious as to if I'm doing something wrong here. :)

With no UEFI on the card I had to enable CMS or it would not boot. It would then boot into MacOS fine but no accelerated graphics. I have not tried the fix posted here nor flashing the card with proper UEFI.

Under Windows the card was just “ok”. They boasted this thing as faster than the 1080ti and just under or right at the RTX 2080. The truth is the 1080ti smokes it in gaming. I chalked it up to immature drivers but now AMD is saying it is performing as it should with the release day drivers so... kinda let down :(

I’m guessing the compute power of this card will be great for workstation type applications.

Can you post your original AMD5000k3ext and 5000HWkext info.plists?
Below is the added device ID in the info.plist.

View attachment 386670

I noticed that I can leave the ID (0x66AF1002) in the HWServices plist and it loads macOS even with it. However, If I add 0x66AF1002 to the other plist, I can't boot. Am I missing some Clover boot arg to make it work?

Here are my original plist files:

Attachments

• Originals.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hey Gigamaxx I see your luxmark image validation is way off, guessing this is an issue from the drivers? Do you notice any problems or weird behavior?

This one is better, or normal. But it is with one card in legacy bios and the other updated to UEFI bios.

Looks great, that is full validation equal to any gpu in osx.

Correct and I posted it to Luxmark repository and it came in second to a Dual VII user in windows. But not by much, they were using a X299 or Z390 system with overclocked CPU. Me a lowly Pentium g3258 @3.2 GHz.

What about games do they run okay? Which games have you tested on?

My son has used it for gaming in windows/steam and loves it. I don’t game in MacOS but the closest comparison would be Uningine Valley and Heaven benchmarks which are OpenGL. They are decent scores, but in windows they are much higher as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back