Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac-Clover
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon VII + UHD 630
Hi I posted this in the general forum among other issues I had, but I thought I'd post the graphical issues here separately.

I am running an i7-8700k via Asrock Fatal1ty z370 gaming itx/ac, 32GB Ram. I have a 4k monitor connected via DP to the Radeon VII. I was, prior to a few weeks ago, using only UHD630 IGPU (with no issues on 10.14.4) and decided I wanted to try the Radeon VII. I initially ran the Radeon VII on 10.14.4, changed my ig-platform to headless and it all tanked from there.... The system started freezing up on me and chugging whenever doing simple tasks like opening a finder window or resizing. Now, it's throwing me an error in Console.app that seems to spam the console before freezing up my system. If it appears a few times only I just experience painful slowdown but it might resolve. Usually, however, I need to reboot. I also get an error whenever images or other previewable files show up in finder that causes my system to slow down.

I have been using the SMBIOS 19,1 profile based on this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/smbios-19-x-imacs-2019.274686/ which alludes to this being a closer match to my hardware than 18,3. I should note that I WAS using 18,3 and the freezing still occurred in exactly the same manor with same errors. I installed the 10.14.4 Special version for new iMacs before trying out the 10.14.5 beta to see if it solved my problem. No dice.

I am currently running a fresh install of the 10.14.5 beta 2 (because of Radeon VII support) with as few kext additions as I could muster.
I refreshed my clover to as vanilla as I could make it (you should have seen it before) and moved a few kexts to L/E.
I reset BIOS to default, removed my CPU OC and Memory XMP profile, and set primary display to PCIe and Multi Monitor to Enable with 512MB memory allocated.

I was hoping someone smarter than me could help me sort out my issues. Pretty please?? If anything else is needed please ask. I've scoured the net and nobody who has had similar issues were either resolved (that I could find) or, their resolutions didn't work for me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 3.07.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 3.07.58 AM.png
    746.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 3.09.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 3.09.09 AM.png
    629.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Problem Reporting - Mulanzo.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 68
Additional information: I sometimes get boot hangs as well - not often but sometimes. Usually I’m not running -v so I just reset but today I hung while using -v and here is the output... it appears that it’s not totally locked. I had the screen open for about 5 mins and a few additional lines popped up over that time.

Not sure if related but it’s still an issue that needs to be resolved if it’s happening at all. Thanks peeps!

Attachments

• EAE855EE-CDF2-4134-89E3-C9E130E40F4C.jpeg
    EAE855EE-CDF2-4134-89E3-C9E130E40F4C.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 124
Use 64mb or 128mb for multi monitor, never above.
It seems there is a problem with your Radeon VII.
Will look at your problem and report back.

EDIT: OK try this clover config and report back.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to look into this... it’s much appreciated! It seems like the config.plist modifications caused it to boot to black screen as it doesn’t show any verbose after clover - straight to black. I also tried both 64mb and 128mb.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this... it’s much appreciated! It seems like the config.plist modifications caused it to boot to black screen as it doesn’t show any verbose after clover - straight to black. I also tried both 64mb and 128mb.
That's because you don't have Whatevergreen.kext. Uncheck inject ATI to boot normal.

Hmm odd... I had it in L/E and it was showing in Hackintool as being installed. I’ll move it to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other

Hmm odd... I had it in L/E and it was showing in Hackintool as being installed. I’ll move it to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
Yes, its better in clover/others

Hmmm.... I can’t seem to get it to boot still. I’ve moved the Kexts to other and then reactivated InjectATI and it goes back to black.

I can get it to boot when I re-deactivate InjectATI but it still logs into macOS and freezes up after doing things like resizing windows or having too many open.

Try this one.
Edit: Are you using 10.14.5 beta 2?

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I am on Beta 3 as of this afternoon, hoping it might fix the issue but still not helping. Regrettably, the config.plist is still booting to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back