Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW macOS Catalina 10.15.2
CPU i8700k
Motherboard Maximus X Hero
64GB DDR4
Graphics Radeon VII 16GB
I tried SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 or iMac 18,3 same issue

After a successful fresh new install, working on computer my OS freezes randomly, needs hard restart everytime, any ideas?
I believe it’s related GPU because sometimes before freeze it gives me glitchy rainbow wheel or mouse pointer

I have this:
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
Intel 3.6 GHz 8-Core 19
64 GB ram
Mac19,1 running Catalina 10.15.2

No freezes, and the GPU is working perfect.

I can't run Final Cut Pro 10.4.8 or Motion 5.4.5 on macOS Catalina 10.15.2 with Radeon VII, it quits without starting the application

Crossing my fingers but I think I have it mostly solved!

Current config:

Smbios iMacPro1,1

I moved Whatevergreen and Lilu to /Library/Extensions/
Rebuilt my KextCache

I manually configured DSDT patches in Clover Acpi:
XHCI to XHC
XHC1 to XHC
SAT0 to SATA
GFX0 to IGPU (Is this needed considering its iMacPro1,1)? I don't want to "fix" what's working after so much trouble..
PEGP to GFXO

Nothing in Devices
Nothing in Graphics

Bios Settings:
CSR Active
IGPU Multimonitor - Disabled

Was having quicklookd and quicklooksatellite issues - I ran:
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force. then restarted finder
sudo fs_usage -f pathname -w -f com.apple.IconServicesAgent | grep open. then ctrl + c to exit. then reboot
qlmanage -r
qlmanage -r cache

Now...I'm not too sure which of these things did the trick but it seems a heck of a lot better. I still get some slowdown especially when Safari is open...but this is progress!

Thanks to all who offered their help!

Update: Seems like it’s mostly good but some UI elements seems to cause the OS to chug. Any drop down menu from the menu bar with a lot of transparency like HWMonitor causes either slowdown or a freeze. Oh well.... I thought I was there...

How is everything? Facing same Radeon VII iss
Crossing my fingers but I think I have it mostly solved!

Current config:

Smbios iMacPro1,1

I moved Whatevergreen and Lilu to /Library/Extensions/
Rebuilt my KextCache

I manually configured DSDT patches in Clover Acpi:
XHCI to XHC
XHC1 to XHC
SAT0 to SATA
GFX0 to IGPU (Is this needed considering its iMacPro1,1)? I don't want to "fix" what's working after so much trouble..
PEGP to GFXO

Nothing in Devices
Nothing in Graphics

Bios Settings:
CSR Active
IGPU Multimonitor - Disabled

Was having quicklookd and quicklooksatellite issues - I ran:
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force. then restarted finder
sudo fs_usage -f pathname -w -f com.apple.IconServicesAgent | grep open. then ctrl + c to exit. then reboot
qlmanage -r
qlmanage -r cache

Now...I'm not too sure which of these things did the trick but it seems a heck of a lot better. I still get some slowdown especially when Safari is open...but this is progress!

Thanks to all who offered their help!

Update: Seems like it’s mostly good but some UI elements seems to cause the OS to chug. Any drop down menu from the menu bar with a lot of transparency like HWMonitor causes either slowdown or a freeze. Oh well.... I thought I was there...

How is everything today? I am on the same boad Mojave or Catalina seams to have same issue with Radeon VII, freezes and needs hard reboot

I can't run Final Cut Pro 10.4.8 or Motion 5.4.5 on macOS Catalina 10.15.2 with Radeon VII, it quits without starting the application

This is usually a sign that you are using a system definition that has headless IGPU and your IGPU is configured incorrectly.

My Z370 and Radeon VII are running solid.

I'm having the same problem.
My HK has full acceleration in H.264/HEVC video, can run FCPX, everything works great,
it just stutter and reboot sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back