Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Radeon VII - Repeated KP's - 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pastrychef:
By "DRM content" do you refer to purchased DVD/Blu-rays, streamed TV movies, or what? How could I test my system for "working DRM content?" My computer has an optical drive which plays Blu-ray discs, but is not connected to a TV.

Streamed content such as movies from iTunes, Amazon Prime, etc.

To test, just try playing some stuff in iTunes or Safari.

I did try every other Aptio too and none were working. But as my mac start to act really scarily with the Free2000 (white noise image and sound randomly) I prefer to do without the iGPU and go along with the iMacPro.

@EpicNUFO may I ask you why do you need the iGPU? I'm a video editor working on FCPX and just my Radeon VII seems to me sufficient.

Multiple people here and other places, including mods, have told me Intel QuickSync and encoding is superior to AMD's. It feels stupid to disable something in favor of inferior tech, no?

Furthermore, I had discovered a bug in Hackintool and Clover Config generating invalid serials for iMacPro and it caused me odd behaviors so I reverted to 19,1 for 9900k w/igpu enabled. I saw it has now since been fixed, but it creeped me out at the time.

@pastrychef
DRM is working properly here with 19,1 9900k using IQS. What do you mean "simpler with no performance penalties?" I was told by mods here, can't recall if it was you or CaseyJ, someone told me Intel was superior and to use it...

My current configuration at left running 10.14.6 (build 18G95) successfully uses drivers, config.plist, and SSDT as in the attached archive. My BIOS is set for IGFX "Auto." Everything (that I have tried) works fine so far.

Have not tried another Aptio with it set to Auto, going to test.

EDIT: Just tested, setting iGPU to Auto is the same as setting to disabled. Open Hackintool on your Hack, look at entry for "Intel Generation" and "VDA Decoder", you will see ??? and Decoder Failed because the iGPU is not initialized.

Last edited:
@pastrychef
DRM is working properly here with 19,1 9900k using IQS. What do you mean "simpler with no performance penalties?" I was told by mods here, can't recall if it was you or CaseyJ, someone told me Intel was superior and to use it...

Quick Sync may have had an advantage prior to 10.14.6, but I don't think that's true anymore.

That's why I use iMacPro1,1 with IGPU disabled.

Hackintool shows VDA Decoder fully supported with my configuration.

How did you get DRM content to play correctly? iTunes streamed content works? Amazon and/or Netflix works in Safari?

Last edited:
Quick Sync may have had an advantage prior to 10.14.6, but I don't think that's true anymore.

That's why I use iMacPro1,1 with IGPU disabled.

Hackintool shows VDA Decoder fully supported with my configuration.

How did you get DRM content to play correctly? iTunes streamed content works? Amazon and/or Netflix works in Safari?

I checked a video I've purchased in iTunes and it played, so I assumed. Just tried Netflix and it won't play, so not working properly.

Is it safe to generate an iMacPro Serial with Clover Configurator now?

I checked a video I've purchased in iTunes and it played, so I assumed. Just tried Netflix and it won't play, so not working properly.

Is it safe to generate an iMacPro Serial with Clover Configurator now?

Downloaded iTunes videos will play fine regardless if DRM is fully working or not. Streaming iTunes videos only work if DRM is working.

I generated my iMacPro1,1 serial using Clover Configurator. Never had any issues with it.

Downloaded iTunes videos will play fine regardless if DRM is fully working or not. Streaming iTunes videos only work if DRM is working.

I generated my iMacPro1,1 serial using Clover Configurator. Never had any issues with it.

Have you checked the serial's validity?

Both Hackintool and Clover Config were improperly generating serials for iMacPro at first, was showing up as iMacPro but with a manufacture date of 2007, iMac7,1: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-and-clarity-regarding-hackintool.282181/

How do you check for manufacture date? EveryMac.com identified my serial as an 2017 iMacPro1,1.

EveryMac identified mine as a 2017 iMacPro also, but this was on the surface. Hackintool showed deeper analysis with model iMac7,1 and validity says "unlikely". Use Hackintool to check your current serial, first post of the thread I linked you to has 2nd big red arrow pointing to it. Also in the thread above I liked you to, Hackintool developer said this bug was in all (Hackintool, Clover Configurator, etc) because everyone references the same serial generation script in their backend. Here it is again:

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 7.32.35 PM.png

Also, you'll notice on that screenshot ROM and Board Serial are ??? and this was due to not yet using EmuVariable with the Designare Board. Native NVRAM has tons of holes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back