Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Radeon VII - Repeated KP's - 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this Aptio fix, is what mine requires, I have iGPU enabled:

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 5.48.38 PM.png

Well then...that's interesting...I couldn't get boot with any of the others, guess it's back to the drawing board...

What is the latest and best one to try?

In my experience with my Z390, I have found that AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFix3Drv work if EmuVariableUEFI is not installed.

Both can also work with EmuVariableUEFI installed, but I need to remove the drivers needed to enable FileVault support. This is how my system is currently configured. I've never used FileVault anyway. I just test it for compatibility.

I have not yet tested OsxAptioFix2Drv yet. I plan to test it out once I have a bit more time to sit down and go through a bunch of resets...

Your mileage may vary as all BIOSes are different...

In my experience with my Z390, I have found that AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFix3Drv work if EmuVariableUEFI is not installed.

Both can also work with EmuVariableUEFI installed, but I need to remove the drivers needed to enable FileVault support. This is how my system is currently configured. I've never used FileVault anyway. I just test it for compatibility.

I have not yet tested OsxAptioFix2Drv yet. I plan to test it out once I have a bit more time to sit down and go through a bunch of resets...

Your mileage may vary as all BIOSes are different...

This board requires EMU, though...

If you check NVRAM values in Hackintool without EmuVariable, there are only 2-3 entries present versus over a dozen when using Emulated...

This board requires EMU, though...

If you check NVRAM values in Hackintool without EmuVariable, there are only 2-3 entries present versus over a dozen when using Emulated...

As far as I know, all Z390 needs emulated NVRAM. But it's possible to boot without EmuVariableUEFI, just some things such as sleep won't work.

Last edited:
As far as I know, all Z390 needs emulated NVRAM. But it's possible to boot without EmuVariableUEFI, just some things such as sleep won't work.

I need as close to a real Mac functionality as possible, so I need EmuVariable. I also need iGPU enabled alongside Vega. According to my research, this is not possible with any other Aptio besides the Free2000 variant.

I have read every ounce I could find since you posted that about this topic and the driver. I have tried every other variant with no slide, Slide=0 and the 2 slide values that work based on my memory map; nothing else works to get me booted...

Any ideas?

I did try every other Aptio too and none were working. But as my mac start to act really scarily with the Free2000 (white noise image and sound randomly) I prefer to do without the iGPU and go along with the iMacPro.

@EpicNUFO may I ask you why do you need the iGPU? I'm a video editor working on FCPX and just my Radeon VII seems to me sufficient.

My current configuration at left running 10.14.6 (build 18G95) successfully uses drivers, config.plist, and SSDT as in the attached archive. My BIOS is set for IGFX "Auto." Everything (that I have tried) works fine so far.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
I need as close to a real Mac functionality as possible, so I need EmuVariable. I also need iGPU enabled alongside Vega. According to my research, this is not possible with any other Aptio besides the Free2000 variant.

I have read every ounce I could find since you posted that about this topic and the driver. I have tried every other variant with no slide, Slide=0 and the 2 slide values that work based on my memory map; nothing else works to get me booted...

Any ideas?

If you want as many things working as possible, it's better to go with iMacPro1,1 and disable IGPU. This is the only consistent way that I'm aware of to get DRM content working on a hackintosh. It also keeps everything simpler with no performance penalties.

@pastrychef:
By "DRM content" do you refer to purchased DVD/Blu-rays, streamed TV movies, or what? How could I test my system for "working DRM content?" My computer has an optical drive which plays Blu-ray discs, but is not connected to a TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back