Contribute
Register

Radeon VII freezing, Apple driver problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While not the exact same case, I believe your problem may be due to a similar cause.
Using the wrong Framebuffer also injects undesired clocks/powerplay tables, etc... and can create random screen hangs.

more info here:
Thank you for the input.

I will check it out!!!

While not the exact same case, I believe your problem may be due to a similar cause.
Using the wrong Framebuffer also injects undesired clocks/powerplay tables, etc... and can create random screen hangs.

more info here:
Thank you for the suggestion. Your idea makes sense.

I looked over the link you provided.

I am lost at what to do now. How do i check to see if the framebuffer is wrong? What app can I use to find the info and where can i cross check to make sure the numbers are correct?

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi, all the information is in that thread. If Whatevergreen works but the detected screens are wrong, you need to use whatevergreen debug version and the debug boot flag to get the detected connectors.
Then edit the information based on the Radeon patching guide linked in the thread and create a config patch.
Then if you need to inject some undetected properties to the default frame buffer, you use the injection kext I also posted on that thread, and add/delete properties based on the FB that works better.

The legacy shim 2 thing has nothing to do with Radeon VII.

drivers64uefi is no longer used on the latest versions of Clover.

Only you will know what versions of kexts you have installed.

I suggest using the latest version of Clover and kexts.
Hi @pastrychef

I have cleaned up my system and updated my clover to 5133 and got it stable.

Are you still using this boost for Radeon VII: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-radeon-navi-gpu.264399/page-83#post-2104341

I do 3d and film editing in 6k and 8k so looking for a boost.

Thank you!!!!!

Hello @pastrychef I got a crash report finally.

It is attached. Anything popin out??

thank you!!!!

I don't think it's a "hackintosh" issue. It appears this also affects users of real Macs.

Please see:

I don't think it's a "hackintosh" issue. It appears this also affects users of real Macs.

Please see:
Hmmm ok.

Here is a panic report from most recent crash. I see some AMD kexts but really just trying to get a stable system.

Thank you so much for your time.

Attachments

• Panic-Report.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 32
Hmmm ok.

Here is a panic report from most recent crash. I see some AMD kexts but really just trying to get a stable system.

Thank you so much for your time.

How many monitors are you using? Do you use HDMI/DisplayPort audio?

If you are using two monitors or less and do not need HDMI/DisplayPort audio, try running your system with WhateverGreen disabled.

How many monitors are you using? Do you use HDMI/DisplayPort audio?

If you are using two monitors or less and do not need HDMI/DisplayPort audio, try running your system with WhateverGreen disabled.
Hello! I have just one monitor and I don't use HDMI or DP audio. My audio is direct to the speaker out in the MB.

Let me remove WhateverGreen..... I saw it in your EFI file in your Golden Build so thought it might help with framebuffers.

I'll remove it and report back if a crash again.

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back