Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

After a few days, sounds problems restart... pffff

In fact there was a old whatevergreen kext in Library/extensions, so I remove it...
Rebuild kext cache, and then, black screen, need to use whatervergreen for me.

False good new for me...
Try something else, perhaps looking for ALC pb...

Hello,

After a few days, sounds problems restart... pffff

In fact there was a old whatevergreen kext in Library/extensions, so I remove it...
Rebuild kext cache, and then, black screen, need to use whatervergreen for me.

False good new for me...
Try something else, perhaps looking for ALC pb...

Some build cant use sound of motherboard with Radeon VII. In my case ( build i9) I had to use AppleHDADisabler.kext and bought a external usb sound card. Dunno where i found it, but a topic on a website where guys after long search found this solution specifics with radeon VII use AppleHDADisabler.kext.

Some build cant use sound of motherboard with Radeon VII. In my case ( build i9) I had to use AppleHDADisabler.kext and bought a external usb sound card. Dunno where i found it, but a topic on a website where guys after long search found this solution specifics with radeon VII use AppleHDADisabler.kext.

I have an i9-9900K on a Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard. I'm on Catalina 10.15.4. Motherboard audio works fine (using AppleALC). Radeon VII works fine. Sleep/wake works fine.

I just had to remove WhateverGreen.

After removing WhateverGreen, only the HDMI port and the DisplayPort furthest away from HDMI work. But this is fine for me since I only have one monitor.

I've never used AppleHDADisabler.

I remember, the sound worked but it was that I had CPU run like crazy, freezes and random crashes on the desktop or in game. Hdadisabler allowed me to solve this problem; However I have just removed HDA disabler and I will normally try to see if the problem is still there in 10.15.4. This can be specific to the MotherBoard.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "pastrychef, post: 2112356, member: 816738"]
I have an i9-9900K on a Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard. I'm on Catalina 10.15.4. Motherboard audio works fine (using AppleALC). Radeon VII works fine. Sleep/wake works fine.

After removing WhateverGreen, only the HDMI port and the DisplayPort furthest away from HDMI work. But this is fine for me since I only have one monitor.

[/ QUOTE]

Hello! Give me your EFI

[QUOTE = "pastrychef, post: 2112356, member: 816738"]

[/ QUOTE]

Hello! Give me your EFI

Go to my Z390 build thread. Link is below in my signature.

Dear all. Yesterday i had the idea to upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave, changing from 1080ti to Vega VII.
All went well except now i have no Metal support under 10.14.6. On my real Mac Pro and Mojave everything works as it should, the card has will Metal support and the system is fast and smooth.
So i did a fresh Mojave install at my Hackintosh but it's still the same, no Metal support with the Vega VII. My Hackintosh is a Z820 Dual E5 2697V2 Workstation with 128 GB RAM. Hopefully anyone will have an idea what's wrong with my setup.

Thanks for your support.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 09.40.23.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 09.40.23.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 83
  • walter77_Z820_IOJones_Export.iojones.zip
    459.6 KB · Views: 49
Radeon VII is a new card, not yet released. I don't expect it to work (fully) with MacOS now until Apple decides to use it in some future Macs, or Apple announces compatibility for it to be used as eGPU.
Works on my build... But I had to risk bricking it by flashing Asrocks UEFI supported bios on it. Worked on my MSI one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back