Not open for further replies.
Hi Epic

Keep your AppleGFXHDA.kext in your S/L/E and Try KextsToPatch in Clover
Comment: Prevent AppleGFXHDA
Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGFXHDA
Find: <4170706C 65474658 484441>
Replace: <4170706C 65474658 484442>

@ngc598,

Thank you for sharing this development! I cannot try because I have already sent back my Vii after also having problems with it in Windows. I was just not getting good vibes for a $700 purchase. :( So I have instead updated to Z390 and 9900k and have a Nitro+ Vega 64 on the way.

Perhaps @juliaan88 & @Benlehot can test this clover patch for the Vii?

@ngc598,

Thank you for sharing this development! I cannot try because I have already sent back my Vii after also having problems with it in Windows. I was just not getting good vibes for a $700 purchase. :( So I have instead updated to Z390 and 9900k and have a Nitro+ Vega 64 on the way.

I’m out of town till Sunday. I will test as soon as I get back!

@ngc598,

Thank you for your testing help us find out where the problem from. Unfortunately this solution isn’t the perfect one. It will kill the GFXHDA driver as well. Hope Apple will update the driver after New Mac Pro on the table. AMD is hopeless.

Thank you for your testing help us find out where the problem from. Unfortunately this solution isn’t the perfect one. It will kill the GFXHDA driver as well. Hope Apple will update the driver after New Mac Pro on the table. AMD is hopeless.

Has anyone checked to see if you can edit the GFXHDA kext info.plist? Someone with card "working" use DCPIManager and select PCI tab get the Device ID for the Audio. See pic #1 of RX 460 Audio below. Then check to see if it matches any of the device IDs in the GFXHDA info.plist see pic #2.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 8.37.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 8.40.54 PM.png

This is for Catalina, so it should be the latest version of info plist. If you don't see it let me know what the ID is it can be added to the info.plist for testing.

My R VII is in my sons gaming rig right now and he's using it so I can't get the ID.

Attachments

• DPCIManager.app.zip
    803.2 KB · Views: 57
@Gigamaxx, these are mine, Mojave 10.14.6

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 12.31.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 12.31.25 PM.png
    151 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 12.32.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 12.32.37 PM.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 71
Hi Epic

Keep your AppleGFXHDA.kext in your S/L/E and Try KextsToPatch in Clover
Comment: Prevent AppleGFXHDA
Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGFXHDA
Find: <4170706C 65474658 484441>
Replace: <4170706C 65474658 484442>

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me, I am putting back the AppleHDADisabler kext..

Ok I figured out, I was booting from the disk and not from the UEFI ... stupid me.

Hi I just did a new vanilla install on some new hardware (z390 Aorus Pro + RVII). Everything worked fine until I connect a second screen, I realized only one display port were working and not the others (and not the HDMI too), when I try to connect the second screen, it goes crazy. I switched the screens to be sure it wasn't the screen or the cable. It works fine on windows, so is anyone can tell me if they see something wrong in my EFI folder?

Edit : I'm on Mojave 10.14.6(18G87)
Edit : for a reason it works when booting from my USB installer but not from the Mojave EFI folder. They have the exact same EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me, I am putting back the AppleHDADisabler kext..
Hi Juliaan
After you put it back, please rebuild the KextCache. Reboot, and double check gfxhda is killed by the patching. Then start testing.

Hi Juliaan
After you put it back, please rebuild the KextCache. Reboot, and double check gfxhda is killed by the patching. Then start testing.
Thanks for the reminder, didn't know I have to rebuild the KextCache after patching. Always thought I only have to rebuild the KextCache when installing and deleting Kexts.

It works great for me now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back