- Feb 13, 2019
Can´t wait... My Card is laying around and waiting for support
I would love to see Vega vii support, but I don't think it'll happen. Vega vii is sold by AMD at a loss and is only there to bridge the gap (and somewhat compete with Nvidia in the high end) until NAVI is out later this year. Maybe the'll update the iMac Pro.. but I have my doubts.. And even if - it'll be very hard to get ones hands on the card. rumours have it there are around 5000 units around the world.. which makes sense.. AMD has no interest in selling those cards en mass.
So lets hope for NAVI not to be delayed too much.
I have the vii but haven't tried this yet. I will this evening but it looks like theitsage got it working on the latest 10.14.4 beta over at egpu.io
Apple released 10.14.4 Developer Beta 3 [18E194d] today. It's not plug-and-play with AMD Radeon VII just yet. I decided to try an older trick when RX ...egpu.io
As I mentioned in my above post, I think I might have something else that is causing the issue – possibly with my Clover kext setup. I have the following kexts enabled:Yes, you add it to the info.plist of the 5000kext.
Have you set PEG as primary output and not IGPU?As I mentioned in my above post, I think I might have something else that is causing the issue – possibly with my Clover kext setup. I have the following kexts enabled:
I don't believe I have any other config, but maybe one of the above is conflicting – or maybe I'm missing a kext or boot param somewhere? Do you have anything specific to making the RVII work for you, other than the 5000kext info.plist change? I feel that I'm close to finally getting this card working properly