Ryzen 3900X
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I just upgraded to a vega 64 (sapphire 8 gb reference edition) from my 980 ti, to run mojave and overall have better performance in macOS, however I'm running into problems.
I managed to get dual monitor working with lilu and whatevergreen, and even managed to stop my fans from simulating a helicopter with vgtab, no matter what I setup in vgtab in terms of the higher p clocks, and power target (tried between 40% and 100%) as soon as I start valley or heaven my pc just shuts down. On windows i can run both of them without problem, so it's not a PSU issue as I originaly thought.

The only progress I managed to "make" was by using RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext which allowed me to run geekbench without crashing, but still crashes at valley/heaven.

I was mostly experimenting with just using the vgtab kext in kexts/other, initially I tried it with SSDT via kgb's method, and injecting it into the config.plist, but none of them seemed to make any difference, should I continue experimenting with those too or it should work as a kext too?

I attached my current EFI (I know it has 3 aptio fixes, my board is finicky with that, I'm also experimenting on that at the moment).
Setup should be in my profile but just to be safe:
msi x99a sli plus
i7 5820k
sapphire amd radeon vega 64 8 gb
mojave 10.4.4

Anyone got any idea how can I make it run propely?

Thanks,
sen

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 183
Hi!

I just upgraded to a vega 64 (sapphire 8 gb reference edition) from my 980 ti, to run mojave and overall have better performance in macOS, however I'm running into problems.
I managed to get dual monitor working with lilu and whatevergreen, and even managed to stop my fans from simulating a helicopter with vgtab, no matter what I setup in vgtab in terms of the higher p clocks, and power target (tried between 40% and 100%) as soon as I start valley or heaven my pc just shuts down. On windows i can run both of them without problem, so it's not a PSU issue as I originaly thought.

The only progress I managed to "make" was by using RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext which allowed me to run geekbench without crashing, but still crashes at valley/heaven.

I was mostly experimenting with just using the vgtab kext in kexts/other, initially I tried it with SSDT via kgb's method, and injecting it into the config.plist, but none of them seemed to make any difference, should I continue experimenting with those too or it should work as a kext too?

I attached my current EFI (I know it has 3 aptio fixes, my board is finicky with that, I'm also experimenting on that at the moment).
Setup should be in my profile but just to be safe:
msi x99a sli plus
i7 5820k
sapphire amd radeon vega 64 8 gb
mojave 10.4.4

Anyone got any idea how can I make it run propely?

Thanks,
sen
did you fix it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back